PDA

View Full Version : Steve finally embrasses the Ipod......

Steven Vaccaro
03-08-2008, 08:16 PM
My Dad bought my boys Ipod's for Christmas, so in a effort to "kind of" regulate what they listen to I do the downloading from my pc. I found myself downloading all the old songs I used to listen to as a kid. So i bought myself a used 4 giger real cheap. I'm now addicted to I-Tunes. They make it way to easy to buy a song.:rofl: My paypal account is riddled with .99 cent transactions :banana:

My question is, is there a place with a collection of songs like I-tunes, but any cheaper? Keep in mind I'm not looking for the free/illegal kind :thumbsdown:

SJFE
03-08-2008, 08:43 PM
There are sites that charge monthly for unlimited downloads. Rapsody is one I believe. You can then use the Itunes program to convert them to the proper format. I have been shopping Itunes for a couple months & have been buying movies. I don't own an Ipod though I listen & watch on the laptop. I have 5 gigs of mp3s I collected from my napster days. Shoot me an email and lmk what you where into back in the day. I have mostly metal and 70s classic rock along with earley 90s alternative.

Mich. Maniac
03-08-2008, 08:51 PM
limewire.com thats where i get everything. plus its free. its a sharing program. easy to use and even when a new song comes out its there in minutes.

Mich. Maniac
03-08-2008, 08:52 PM
and im pretty sure its not illegal but still free.

Steven Vaccaro
03-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I'd have to say if its free, its probably not legal.

JimClark
03-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Get ready for the fed's to come visit you soon.
Jim

and im pretty sure its not illegal but still free.

Diegoboy
03-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Get ready for the fed's to come visit you soon.
Jim

Ya, all them murderers, rapist, terrorists etc... will all have to wait because the feds are cracking down on illegal song downloads!

Please!

crazzy maxx
03-09-2008, 12:02 AM
you can get limewire pro for a little fee but if you get it off ofa cd or other you can gett it for free
regular lime wire is free
LIMEWIRE ISNT ILLEGAL!!!!

Steven Vaccaro
03-09-2008, 09:05 AM
you can get limewire pro for a little fee but if you get it off ofa cd or other you can gett it for free
regular lime wire is free
LIMEWIRE ISNT ILLEGAL!!!!

What makes Limewire legal, when napster was shut down?

dirtysouth31
03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
because limewire is a peer to peer filesharing community..ever hear limwires name pop up in any regards to illegal downloading sites??

Steven Vaccaro
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
There is a ton of info online about this subject. Here is a good one. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_downloading_songs_from_Limewire_illegal_or_lega l I'm interested on why you believe copying songs would be legal?

Mich. Maniac
03-09-2008, 07:51 PM
sorry for causing a dispute Steve. was just a suggestion. Anyway I know a handfull of us that use the program. It MAY be illegal I suppose. I dont use it often except for an old old song I cant find the album anymore. I still purchase tons of cd's. I have never seen it in writing but heard through the grape vine that Limewire was created for college kids years and years ago on a closed network for them to just share music to keep costs for parents down. silly I know. but since then the creators latched onto the www and from there it went. Again I suppose you are prolly correct. its not fair to copy music but when you cant find an old song anymore on album such as "MY LITTLE GTO" it comes in handy. hope this kinda wraps up the limewire speal.

Steven Vaccaro
03-09-2008, 08:12 PM
No need to apologize. I love a good back and forth discussion. I'm not a perfect person, I have a bunch of mp3's from the good old napster days. lol

SJFE
03-09-2008, 10:49 PM
I work with a guy who was big into limewire, torents and so on. About 4 months ago he was visited by the D.H.S. Figure it out for your selves...I don't even like typing it. His drives where imaged because his I.P was tracked from file sharing and sites he joined. He was lucky because he sold the machine he used to me. I was unlucky in the fact I had to destroy the HD in my machine & 2 backup drives I imaged that one on to. Don't think for a second data is gone when you "delete" it. There is no such thing. Data is etched into the plates in your drive and can be recovered. There are NO programs, low level formats..nothing that will get rid of it. Smashing it to bits and buring it in a landfill is the only way to protect you personal information, files, what ever. They have enough recources to watch every one....anytime. Big brother is out there guys...Believe it

mike a.
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Someone that goes to the same district as me but a different school was caught for using limewire. My sister got a virus from there so thats when i stopped using it and just started buying it, its just to easy to buy it. The other problem with limewire is they could embed other unwanted things into that download. For a class project i had to interview a computer crime detective and visit their facility. Amazing stuff they have their. She said that in Michigan it was not illegal to download free music but it was a Federal law so she couldnt do anything about it. But she's the one that told us about the embeding files since there was a case where a guy did that with child *!***!***!***!** and a 13 year old went to download his music but also got that image and didnt know it. So he got in trouble for downloading illegal music and for having that image even though it wasnt his.

Ive tried to use that unlimited downloading from Rhapsody and Napster but for both of them itunes said that the files were incompatable with the ipod but it could sit in itunes and play but you just couldnt play it on your ipod.

I found that Amazon is the only good one that will work and on some songs it just gives you a 10 cent break so there 89 cents a song. But their selection of music is limited. A nice thing about them though is there music is basically unprotected but legal so you can do just about anything you want to with the music. the only problem i really see is that if you have alot of music with a 4 gig ipod then it can fill up faster since the songs are bigger like 9 mb rather than the typical itunes file at 3.5mb. But then itunes has a file converter to convert it to the aac format which is alot smaller and will get you in that range. Plus amazon will automatically add the songs into your itunes.

Mich. Maniac
03-10-2008, 01:00 AM
She said that in Michigan it was not illegal to download free music but it was a Federal law so she couldnt do anything about it.
Well,, I guess I can sleep tonight!:banana: I just wish I COULD fall asleep, Time change has me jacked.

Steven Vaccaro
03-10-2008, 07:17 AM
I just wish I COULD fall asleep, Time change has me jacked. Same here!!! I couldnt sleep and woke up an 1 1/2 late this morning. Why not just keep the time the way it is all year:confused2:

Eyekandyboats
03-10-2008, 08:33 AM
just to clear something up limewire has holes. you songs have issues and anything you download will have problems because the file has been shared and you download it off ANY persons computer that has the song on it, you can also received wrong files and corrupt files and any thing else that will harm a computer unlike if you bought it and got it from a server library

edit. :) lol :p

mike a.
03-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I just think that your probably better off getting your music legally and pay for it so that all your getting is good pure music and not any other crap. I just have never understood why people would try to destruct others computers by creating corrupt files. there probably fags that have no life and spend all there time damaging computers.

It was a law class that i was in and the teacher would bring in people that are involved with law as there day job. She once brought in two FBI agents and they both said that any time the music is free then it is illegal. But if the band put up the songs for free download then it is legal. Someone tried to argue about limewire and they said that it was illegal. They also noted that the likelynessof being caught was slim since there was bigger things to worry about.

NorthernBoater
03-11-2008, 11:33 PM
This site has a lot of small independent bands.
http://music.download.com/
I also like Jonathan Coulton's music and he has a lot of it for free to download.
http://www.jonathancoulton.com/store/downloads