PDA

View Full Version : Pro Boat Stilleto + DX3s

RC Crazy
08-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi All,

I was referred to this forum from RCGroups, here goes

I am completely newbie to RC Boats, I just ordered the above boat with a Spektrum DX3S transmitter with Li Po Packs, will be delivered in a few days time.

So I have joined this forum to learn the in's and outs of RC Boating, it will be more for fun than racing. I have a few questions on this boat and RC boating in specific. Would appreciate if the experts there can provide some information.

1. What do the owners of this boat think about it and what should I look out for in terms of part replacements/problems etc?
2. How does one water seal the boat or electronics, would I need to do it on this boat? Any tips or threads that can help.
3. How would I know when to bring back the boat to shore, I have been reading that there will be a cut-off point and then I could get it back. Do I need this added Telemetry module from Spektrum to give me the battery readings?
4. Any modifications/hop-ups I can purchase to make it faster.Maybe not immediately but in future.
5. I see videos on Grim Racer props and balancing , where can I get more information on this, what is the balancing part about?

I know I asking a lot but your feedback would be most valuable to a newbie.

Thanks

JimClark
08-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Take some time and read the setup thread by Darin Jordan. there are lots of suggestions there on setup and props

RC Crazy
08-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Information on this forum is just brilliant. Next time I will use the search function :)