PDA

View Full Version : Proboat Impulse 31 ESC Hard Timing Programming

rwhitfield
08-16-2011, 01:10 AM
All-

I am wondering if anyone can confirm the out of box set-up for the Impulse 31 ESC program(s) for BRAKE OFF and HARD TIMING? I would asume BRAKE OFF given it is not set up for for a car, however, I can not get the ESC to cofirm through transmitter commands a hard timing set up out of the box. As instructed, I let the motor roll for 10 secs, but get no "beeps" from the ESC for either the brake or the timing. Is this thing really changeable via the transmitter vs the programming module for thie ESC?? The other thing that makes no sense, is that the programming instructions have you run the motor with no load for 10 secs.... when the ESC is supposed to protect the motor from such stupidity. What gives? Is this me, or am I missing something?

Tell me it is BRAKE OFF and HARD TIMING out of the box and I won't care.... but the manual SUCKS either way!!!

RW

GOGEICOGO
08-28-2011, 12:23 PM
The out of box set up for the ESC is set at SOFT TIMING, And BRAKE OFF I believe. Although im pretty sure mine was set at BRAKE ON when i got it. You should be able to tell fairly easily if the brake is on or off when throttling off. You will need the programming card to set up the ESC properly.

de-pro
08-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Single beep when you turn the esc on mean break is on and double beep means its off.
Then followed by 5 beeps before it arms. The five beeps in single note mean the soft timing and double beep mean the hard timing.
Setting the hard timing through the radio is simple, just follow the manual. I got mine turned on and it makes a bit of difference without sacrificing the temps.

bluznbeers
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Had mine on hard timing today and saw no difference whatsoever - verified by GPS. :noidea:

G-UNIT
09-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Is it the same program card that is used with the pb black jack, looks the same but I did;ent check the p/ns.

bluznbeers
09-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Didnt use the programming card - just programmed it with transmitter. It is dead simple

Steve@TheHardRichards
09-09-2011, 05:41 PM
hey bluznbeers, can you give me a link or quick instructions on programming the esc through the radio, i do not have a programing card? i looked through the 3 booklets (proboats manual,proboats radio booklet,and the reciever booklet),but i had no book on the esc.
thanks in advance.

bluznbeers
09-09-2011, 06:54 PM
It is in the Impulse 31 book, but all you do is turn on your radio and pull the throttle all the way. Then turn on the boat and wait for it to cycle through the 5 single beep pattern. After that it cycles through a 5 double beep pattern. You are now in hard timing mode and the boat will always cycle through the 5 double beeps to let you know when you turn it on. :-P

roadrashracing
09-09-2011, 08:57 PM
what is hard timing?

de-pro
09-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I guess Proboat version of the advanced timing :)

Steve@TheHardRichards
09-10-2011, 10:49 AM
thanks bluznbeers, although i gotta say, i spent a whole 15 minutes on the throne looking through that impulse 31 book(even scanned through the 6 different languages in case they slipped it in there) and i never found the info.. so the only way i was gonna figure it out was through one of you guys and for that i say thanks again.!
yes de-pro, i'm guessing the same thing (advanced timing of some sorts.)

roadrashracing
09-10-2011, 10:57 AM
my boat came with a sheet for the esc that explains everything.

Steve@TheHardRichards
09-10-2011, 12:17 PM
bought mine from a local shop, they may have had it open, being they only had one of the impulse31 there. no sheet for the esc. ill look on the proboats site and see if there is a downloadable one there.

roadrashracing
09-10-2011, 12:34 PM
give me a few min. i'll scan mine and post it, I could not find it with a quick search :confused2:

roadrashracing
09-10-2011, 01:02 PM
best i can do

bluznbeers
09-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Sorry yes it was on the ESC sheet not the boat manual. My apologies.

Steve@TheHardRichards
09-13-2011, 08:53 AM
thats awesome roadrashracing,saved it to my comp.