PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new radio, What ones should i consider

martin
08-13-2011, 05:33 PM
As the title says, What are your favourate tx & rx systems. Not really looking for the cheap budget systems ( although theirs nothing wrong with some of them ). Just want something a bit better quality & reliable. So probably mid range price. Many thanks in advance Martin.

NorCalZ71
08-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Best radio I've found is the flysky gt3b from hobbypartz.com. its right around 40$ and recievers for 3ch are only $8. If ur tech savy you can update the software on it and make it 6ch (pm me for info) and from my experience it has a better range then first gen spectrum stuff I have not compared to dsm2 or their marine gear but I can still controll the boat well after I loose visual contact.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

carlcisneros
08-13-2011, 07:03 PM
the Fly Sky GT3B radio is a great little radio.
like NorCal said, low cost and low cost receivers.
great range.

I use it in just about all my boats, both FE and Nitro.

It is in the twin mono in my avatar.

marko500
08-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Me and my son both use the Futaba 3pm 2.4 Fasst. We have 2 Tx's and use them on all our boats and cars. They have performed perfect for the last 3yrs. My only complaint is the price of the Rx's.

Mark

martin
08-13-2011, 07:40 PM
With the trigger radios is the throttle concentrated down to 1/2 stick movement so you get more aggressive take off with the boat. The trigger radio i had before this was the case. I went to a twin stick tx after that where it had more throttle movement on the stick (100% movement). Which gave a more progresive throttle or do these current trigger throttles tx have a more progresive throttle if you get what i mean. Martin.