PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy Tapian self righting ideas

hyrulejedi86
08-13-2011, 05:32 PM
So, I was thinking today that come this winter a fun project that I'd like to undertake would be a build of the Turnigy Tapian but incorporating in it a self righting feature. With that being said here are a couple questions:

1) What motor size would be good for a boat this size? I would like to run 3s

2) How do you make a smaller boat self-right? I was thinking of adding in a flood compartment but I don't really know how to do it. Ideas? Instructions?

Thanks!

hulltet
08-13-2011, 09:22 PM
You mount the battery on one side, and if that´s not enough, you glue some weights for/aft the battery.

It will list to the heavy side when sitting in the water, but once up on stepp that´s no problem....

hyrulejedi86
08-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Hmmm, I never thought of that. A battery and weight would be enough to flip it back over?

hulltet
08-14-2011, 12:17 AM
I run a joysway offshore warrior that didn´t self right until i glued some lead aft of the battery, when it flips over now, it self rights so quickly i hardly notice that it fliped...

hyrulejedi86
08-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Do you have a video of that? I'd love to see that. Is it possible to do that with the mini Rio?

On another thought:
Anyone know where to get an empty hull of a mini-eco mono?
I found this, it is almost the same but it's a bit bigger
http://www.etti.com.hk/product_info.php?products_id=198

I think that the eco would be awesome to build as it already has a flood chamber, is easy to tape and they look like their fast with the right setup!

Thoughts?

hyrulejedi86
08-23-2011, 09:24 PM
I was thinking alot recently about the Eco that I posted and I like that idea but I was wondering if anyone knows of another Eco Mono or where to get one from the US that's not cheap?

Any thoughts in an appropriate KV rating, motor size, battery and where you would get the special rudder and hardware to put it together? I was thinking of putting in the rudder like what's in the Mini-Eco by minicatarcing.
I think it'd be a fun build and I can run it any water and it will just flip itself back over!

Thanks