PDA

View Full Version : adj canard

dascoadams
08-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Whatcha think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHD_MCN7l2c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fluid
08-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Looks like a well done mod. How do you deploy the canard, a third channel? Is it two positions, up and down? That's the way it appears in the video.

It will be interesting to see how this works on the water. Others have tried using helicopter gyros to control the canard, but none I have seen worked. One guy posted of his success here, but his boat blew over in the video anyway. I can see value as you have yours set up but perhaps with less control surface movement - testing will tell. On a windy day move the canard up when running into the wind, down when running with the wind. IMO a better solution than the failed gyro attempts....as long as you remember which position it is in before you hit the 3rd channel button.

dascoadams
08-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Looks like a well done mod. How do you deploy the canard, a third channel? Is it two positions, up and down? That's the way it appears in the video.

It will be interesting to see how this works on the water. Others have tried using helicopter gyros to control the canard, but none I have seen worked. One guy posted of his success here, but his boat blew over in the video anyway. I can see value as you have yours set up but perhaps with less control surface movement - testing will tell. On a windy day move the canard up when running into the wind, down when running with the wind. IMO a better solution than the failed gyro attempts....as long as you remember which position it is in before you hit the 3rd channel button.

thanks fluid
the canard operates on the 3rd channel of my radio and is pretty easy to use (push button). Also it is fully adjustable throughout the serves range...i have a gyro..and probably will us it for blow over purposes ..but as you stated its mainly for going into the wind and a plus is at neutral it floats over the water..still have a lot of testing to do. I hope to get video up soon