PDA

View Full Version : WOW! I got to give props to Traxxas for great Customer Service

Wade
08-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey all,

I sent in my original Motor and ESC after it blew when I ran the reccomended 6s set up. I had replaced it with the Leopard and HK ESC combo that many have retrofitted but I felt I should still send it in even as my boat was up and running and I just could not just throw it away. I was out of town for work last week and when I got home I had a great surprise sitting on my work bench...a box from Traxxas with a Castle motor and ESC unit. I know that several had some issues with the original but after this, I must say I am impressed with their support with no questions asked. Some may not like Traxxas but when they support the end consumer, it's hard not to keep supporting the company.

kookie_guy
08-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Their support is good when they have something to support you with. If this happened a month or 2 ago, you'd be cursing at them. A lot of people sent their stuff back, and were waiting for weeks, if not months, to get anything back. During that time their communcation was terrible, as they were trying to push it off to the side, because they did not have a fix. They had a major design flaw, and in my opinion, it took them WAY too long to get castle involved.

Brushless55
08-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Their support is good when they have something to support you with. If this happened a month or 2 ago, you'd be cursing at them. A lot of people sent their stuff back, and were waiting for weeks, if not months, to get anything back. During that time their communcation was terrible, as they were trying to push it off to the side, because they did not have a fix. They had a major design flaw, and in my opinion, it took them WAY too long to get castle involved.

100% correct!

dag-nabit
08-14-2011, 12:30 PM
I agree that Traxxas makes a decent effort to provide good after sales customer support, however kookie guy is also bang on with his comment.

A big part of customer service is providing a well designed and tested product to the customer from the start. I'm not familiar with other Traxxas product, but the Spartan has been a boon doggle for Traxxas from the start.

I think all Spartan owners are hopeful that Traxxas now has it right with the newly released Castle components.

Kevin

Checkmateguy01
08-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Just out of curiosity how long was the turn around time from when you sent in the parts to when you received the updated motor/ESC back? I'll probably be sending mine in this week, hoping I can have it all back together with new parts before the season is over!

slowride
08-21-2011, 06:16 PM
My first Traxxas ESC motor return took about 4 weeks. When the ESC blew the second time it took only 10 days to get a new motor and ESC. I had a Traxxas servo take a dump and they sent me a new one in a week. Pain in the butt to have to send things back but they did make it good. I now have my Castle motor and ESC in my MG and running mid 50's