PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Fast Electric Boat Club

questtek
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
For anyone in the southern California area interested in Fast Electric Boats I encourage you to keep tuned into this thread for information on club activities. Currently, the SoCal Fast Electrics Club is in a very informal state with the following officers:

Tony, Properchopper - President
Mark, Mark F, V-President
Joe, Questtek, Sec

There is a treasurer but I think he has not been released from jail quite yet.

Per our President, Tony, the SoCal Fast Electric Boat Club had only one Rule:
Rule #1 - There are no rules.

Membership is open to all provided you are breathing. If you happen not to meet this qualification you may qualify as a non-voting club member provided your appear in person to the membership committee.

Here is a video on our last outing, yesterday..............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2vv...=youtube_gdata

For FE boaters in the area I extend an invitation to you to come run with us in Lake Forest, Ca on the private lake that I live on. (At the intersection of the 5 and 405 freeways). Next run near the end of Sept, 2011.

bruiser77
08-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I live orange and work in lake forest. It would be awesome to run with you guys. I will keep an eye on this post. Thanks, Charles

questtek
09-28-2011, 06:00 AM
There will be a run day in Lake Forest today, Wed, Sept 28th for anyone living in so California. All are invited to join in. Run is from 11 AM to 4 PM on a private lake. Lunch provided. For more information or directions call: (949) 587-1079. Best, Joe

shrive81
05-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Are u guys still around? I live in SoCal and would love to have some guys to drive with

questtek
05-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Too bad you just contacted me.......we had a run on my lake last Thursday with all the guys. There are a bunch of things happening at Legg Lake for the FE's so we probably will not get together again until after that. Please contact Tony, (properchopper), he is the president of SoCal FE club so he can put you on our official invite mailing list! Best, Joe

Maathai Wangari
08-06-2013, 10:28 PM
I am interested in "Fast Electric Boats". Do you sell fast electric boats? If yes then what is the price rage and what is the shipment process to Asia?

properchopper
09-27-2013, 12:39 PM
:popcorn2:

TheShaughnessy
09-27-2013, 10:57 PM
:popcorn2:

microboatdude
07-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Anybody still in this club?

Fluid
07-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Contact this guy.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/customavatars/avatar7_11.gif (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?7-properchopper) properchopper (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?7-properchopper)
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/images/Eloquent/statusiconblue/user-offline.png

properchopper
07-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Anybody still in this club?

We'll be racing at Legg Lake (South El Monte) Sept 6-7. Come down !

microboatdude
07-21-2014, 09:43 PM
We'll be racing at Legg Lake (South El Monte) Sept 6-7. Come down !

Sweet. Might check it out. Any local lakes in OC you guy use reglularly? I've been going to Laguna Lake, and Tri-City Park in Fullerton. Seems though they are swamped with people fishing which makes it hard to do a good run at times.

paDDY
08-26-2014, 04:53 PM
What times will you guys be running? I am new to the fast electric boating and would like to check it out. I just got a BJ 29 and would like to run it and get it to stop bouncing all over the place. Also have my shelf queen Enforcer magnum 57 that I ran twice in 5 years. Do they let you run gas there?

properchopper
08-27-2014, 11:27 AM
For the Sept 6 & 7 race I get there at 7:15 a.m to set up my pits. Legg Lake is mostly a gas/nitro venue so your Enforcer is OK once you enroll in NAMBA to use the lake.

paDDY
08-28-2014, 07:50 PM
I enrolled in namba in 08' when I got the boat to run at a lake in Camarillo. I still have the binder of rules and what not. What do I have to do? Renew of some sort? Thanks!

Mattyb1975wahoo
09-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Hello I am in Huntington Beach area. When and where to southern ca folks meet

Mattyb1975wahoo
09-15-2014, 04:51 AM
I live in Huntington Beach. When and where do folks in southern ca meet?

properchopper
09-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Some of us will be at the SCSTA race [ P-Ltd Cat / 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale classes ] at Legg Lake Sunday 9/21

To run at Legg or Camarillo you'll need a current NAMBA membership

backspace0777
09-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Hi, I just discovered your info. I live in Lake Forest, CA, about 5 minutes from the lake. So how can I hook up with you guys as I need a fresh water spot to run my 3 RC boats. Thanks, John Lucas: lucasj10@cox.net

TheShaughnessy
10-04-2014, 05:17 PM
I know formal racing is over for the season but I'm wondering why we can't organize a fun run day. Still plenty of good weather left

properchopper
10-04-2014, 05:36 PM
I know formal racing is over for the season but I'm wondering why we can't organize a fun run day. Still plenty of good weather left

We'll talk. BTW; congrats :thumbup1: :

scroll down some 121541

TheShaughnessy
10-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Thank you. If only I cold focus. Would have been real close if I didn't miss the first heat. I'm jacked for next season. Work has been going well so as long as that continues I will have a full fleet for next year. And I'll register on time!!!

Happy belated by the way.

Ub Hauled
10-14-2014, 04:49 AM
Hi guys.... just wanted to let you know I am alive (most of the time), wondering when Joe is having another water day?
I miss the sandwiches
lol

TheShaughnessy
10-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi guys.... just wanted to let you know I am alive (most of the time), wondering when Joe is having another water day?
I miss the sandwiches
lol

Not sure if anybody has heard from joe recently.

Showtime0022
11-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Im new to this site and r/c boats. I bought a used UL-1 Superior. Do people run at Bonelli Park? What happened to Prado lake? Do I need insurance?

properchopper
11-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Im new to this site and r/c boats. I bought a used UL-1 Superior. Do people run at Bonelli Park? What happened to Prado lake? Do I need insurance?

Most all of the SoCal FE activity is at Legg Lake in South El Monte. Need a NAMBA membership to use the lake(which includes insurance). I don't know about Bonelli or Prado. Lots of activity at Hansen Reservoir

leonard feeback
12-22-2014, 03:25 PM
No lake insurance at Prado lake can't run there. Weeds are also to high and deep( away from the shore) to run.

microboatdude
06-15-2017, 03:27 PM
Any boaters still alive in OC area???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

properchopper
06-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Any boaters still alive in OC area???

Our member who has a private lake in Lake Forest has been inactive for a few years. We mostly just show up to race at Legg Lake . Check the NAMBA D19 site for race schedules [SCSTA]

microboatdude
06-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Our member who has a private lake in Lake Forest has been inactive for a few years. We mostly just show up to race at Legg Lake . Check the NAMBA D19 site for race schedules [SCSTA]
Thanks Properchopper. I got back in the boat game again after a couple years break.

My preferred small lake is at Tri-City Park in Placentia, CA.

Tri-City Park
2301 N Kraemer Blvd, Placentia, CA 92870

https://goo.gl/maps/cwttTRwaCuy

I like to go there Saturday late afternoons sometimes.

properchopper
06-17-2017, 03:30 PM
Thanks Properchopper. I got back in the boat game again after a couple years break.

My preferred small lake is at Tri-City Park in Placentia, CA.

Tri-City Park
2301 N Kraemer Blvd, Placentia, CA 92870

https://goo.gl/maps/cwttTRwaCuy

I like to go there Saturday late afternoons sometimes.

Looks like a nice spot. There was a very active FE scene at the lake in the Anaheim-Placentia area just east of N. Tustin Ave. South of La Palma Ave.in the 1990's - The Pond Skimmers were very active there until it closed up. Mark F. was a participant.

Bret
12-26-2017, 05:41 PM
Just getting into electric RC boats and I was looking for a club to learn from and such. Any one still getting together? I'm not really interested in racing, should I join NAMBA? Where do you all go just to practice and test your boats? What are the best spots near Irvine?

I'm working on a boat design and would like to test it locally. Any ideas?

Bret

properchopper
12-27-2017, 10:00 AM
Bret,

Legg Lake in South El Monte is the go-to pond in SoCal. Full race course, private entrance, drive up to pits lakeside. Must be NAMBA member + buy gate key which allows access to rescue rowboat. I don't know of any water near Irvine (I'm in South Bay) - used to have a member with a lake in OC but no more. E-mail me your phone number (rcboatbuild@hotmail.com) & we can talk.

Tony