PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get a Traxxas Spartan with the new Castle set up?

PumpedNotch
08-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Well my buddy just won a Spartan off ebay with the new Castle set up and he got smoked! The boat was listed as used but never ran with the new motor although everything was rusted inside?
The boat goes maybe 10mph with 6s batteries.Im hoping to resolve the problem with the seller and get a refund.I know it is possible that the seller is or isnt aware of the boats problem and thats why he sold it??
Anyway he wants a refund becasue the boat isnt what it was suppose to be.
But i wanted to know if anybody else has recived this set up and is having the same problem? Maybe he is doing something wrong? He is using a Traxxas 2.4 set up and going off Traxxas instructions that came with the boat.

Please if somebody knows or has had this problem help!!

Thanks
Adam

the5
08-12-2011, 08:01 AM
A video would help.
Advice for next time- Never buy used off ebay!

Racer944
08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Could the ESC be set in training mode? See manual for turning that mode on and off...

PumpedNotch
08-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Thats why im asking for help here.Read the instructions and im wondering the same.Im not going to video a boat that runs that slow..IM alittle upset and embarrased!!

Thanks Guys!

dag-nabit
08-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Thats why im asking for help here.Read the instructions and im wondering the same.Im not going to video a boat that runs that slow..IM alittle upset and embarrased!!

Thanks Guys!

A few clarifications please.

First. Did YOU buy the boat or was it a really your buddy. Your posts swing between first and second person, and I can't understand why you would be upset and and embarrassed if it is your buddies problem.

Second, you say the boat is all rusty, there isn't very much on these boats to rust. Mostly plastic, with a few stainless steel parts that can rust but wouldn't necessarily be problematic. Are the electrical connections corroded?? It may have been run in salt water??

Pictures would be a big help.

Everyone here is willing to help out as much as we can, so don't be afraid to be straightforward and open here.

I buy a lot of stuff on e-bay, new and used, and for the most part have great success. I have been "burned" once or twice, but generally if there has been a problem a resolution has been reached.

If you are seeking resolution with the seller, you really shouldn't be doing much with boat other than inspecting and perhaps programming the tx. If you continue to tinker and run the boat it becomes a bit unfair to the seller if seeking a refund.

If you decide to keep the boat we will help you try to resolve the problems, If you are seeking resolution, park the boat, work with the seller, and if necessary file a grievance in the resolution center on e-bay.

Kevin

Snafujg
08-12-2011, 12:34 PM
When I got the new Castle stuff, the first thing I did was check on the Lipo mode. Hold the Throttle to full reverse, plug in the batteries (Both of them) and wait about 10 seconds for the musical tones. If the tones increase, it's in Lipo mode. If they decrease, it's in NiMH mode. If the tones decrease to NiMH mode, unplug the batteries and do the same process to get back into Lipo mode. Other than that, that's all I had to do for mine.

You can program it to Sport mode by holding the trigger to full throttle, plug in both batteries, and hold till the ESC blinks and beeps once. Release to netural. The esc is now in Sport mode.

PumpedNotch
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
A few clarifications please.

First. Did YOU buy the boat or was it a really your buddy. Your posts swing between first and second person, and I can't understand why you would be upset and and embarrassed if it is your buddies problem.

Second, you say the boat is all rusty, there isn't very much on these boats to rust. Mostly plastic, with a few stainless steel parts that can rust but wouldn't necessarily be problematic. Are the electrical connections corroded?? It may have been run in salt water??

Pictures would be a big help.

Everyone here is willing to help out as much as we can, so don't be afraid to be straightforward and open here.

I buy a lot of stuff on e-bay, new and used, and for the most part have great success. I have been "burned" once or twice, but generally if there has been a problem a resolution has been reached.

If you are seeking resolution with the seller, you really shouldn't be doing much with boat other than inspecting and perhaps programming the tx. If you continue to tinker and run the boat it becomes a bit unfair to the seller if seeking a refund.

If you decide to keep the boat we will help you try to resolve the problems, If you are seeking resolution, park the boat, work with the seller, and if necessary file a grievance in the resolution center on e-bay.

Kevin

Kevin thanks you for replying.I bought the boat on my account and with my funds to help out a friend.SO yes I bought the boat for my friend who is going to pay me and now its my problem and money that is why im upset.I did talk to the seller today and he did run the boat in salt water prior to the new castle set up.The bolts and the few metal parts on the boat are rusted.The seller and i are trying to work this out without a headache for either side.We are not upset about the rusty parts we bought a used boat,but it was claimed not to br run with the new castle motor.We are upset that it doesnt run as well as claimed.
I myself have a 100+ perferect feedbacks on ebay both buying and selling.I just got burned last month and finally just got refunded last week.
Now the selller and i have agreeded to try and figure out the boat before we send it thru the ebay resloution center.But he knows i have to run the boat to make this work.I have to call traxxas and maybe castle to see if something is wrong in the program or the motor/esc is bad etc.

Again thanks for you help.

Adam

PumpedNotch
08-12-2011, 01:50 PM
When I got the new Castle stuff, the first thing I did was check on the Lipo mode. Hold the Throttle to full reverse, plug in the batteries (Both of them) and wait about 10 seconds for the musical tones. If the tones increase, it's in Lipo mode. If they decrease, it's in NiMH mode. If the tones decrease to NiMH mode, unplug the batteries and do the same process to get back into Lipo mode. Other than that, that's all I had to do for mine.

You can program it to Sport mode by holding the trigger to full throttle, plug in both batteries, and hold till the ESC blinks and beeps once. Release to netural. The esc is now in Sport mode.

Ok thanks we will try this out later!!
Im hoping thats all it is.
Adam

Brushless55
08-12-2011, 09:00 PM
hope things work out for this ebay buy..

PumpedNotch
08-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys just got back from trying out fresh off the charger 2s lipos and it went about 20mph for less then 5mins in SPORT MODE and completely drained the lipo's!! Im lost??

roadrashracing
08-12-2011, 10:47 PM
are you running stock prop? something binding?

roadrashracing
08-12-2011, 10:48 PM
where the new electroics rusted or just other parts of the boat? Mine did that after a few runs.

dag-nabit
08-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks guys just got back from trying out fresh off the charger 2s lipos and it went about 20mph for less then 5mins in SPORT MODE and completely drained the lipo's!! Im lost??

What is the Mah rating and discharge C rating on your lipos?

Check the electrical connectors for corrosion/oxidization.

Drive line properly lubricated?

Brushless55
08-14-2011, 01:30 AM
any updates?