PDA

View Full Version : spartan-steering issue

vfrman40
08-10-2011, 11:46 AM
have had a few spartan boats and they wont steer at all---check the trims and end point and also reset the radio---they rudder steers only like maybe 5 degrees--also tried a new servo and same thing---i go desperate that i put in a aftermarket servo saver to at least get like 10-15 degress turn radius--anyone else having issues.

dag-nabit
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
No problems with steering. Both our Spartans turn well on stock servo. Not sure what you are using for a tx but check to see if the steering sensitivity (travel points) has been reduced in the tx programming.
Kevin

rinski73
08-10-2011, 03:39 PM
sounds like a dual rate setting problem

vfrman40
08-10-2011, 04:36 PM
i checked steering sensitivites and dual rates everything and stock radio....thats why im at my wits end

dag-nabit
08-11-2011, 08:42 AM
A quick re-read of your original post and I see you have already tried most of the usual suspects. And you say you have had more than one Spartan doing the same thing?
I was going to suggest trying a different receiver, but if you have had this same problem on more than one boat, it is unlikely that will help.

When you say 5* turn radius, do you mean the rudder only moves 5* left or right of center, or do you mean when you are running the actual turn radius of the boat is only about 5*?

My Spartans do not turn nearly as well at very low speeds as they do at higher speeds. At high speeds it is easy to over steer.

Kevin

vfrman40
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
i mean 5 degress left or right for center rudder....like i said im stompped and dont knwo what to do for my customers.

dag-nabit
08-11-2011, 02:52 PM
I will try and check mine out this weekend, maybe take a quick video to help you determine if you are seeing the same movement the rest of us are.

Kevin