PDA

View Full Version : Some retirement plan help should you desire it.

m4a1usr
08-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I know a bunch of you young bucks (and not so young) are not thinking about what it takes to retire. Your invincible, got time on your side, life is either great or worse (your thinking that wont end anytime soon) and making such a plan is easily tackled 20 years from now. Why bother now?

Well if you have no clue, cling to a philosophy, believe that you will be taken care of or even worse. "I will be dead by then so WTF"? Take a moment and consider that you DO want to live to 90. That I WILL have offspring and that since they are you in almost every aspect, you might try and offer them some options to. You dont have to offer anyone your lifetime earnings upon your demise. But should you respect your lineage then there is no reason you cannot provide them with some guidence. Its like buying insurance, yet all you have to do is plan ahead.

What I am getting to is should you desire to consider your future then feel free to contact me and ask some basic questions. I didnt get anything from my parents. They died early and had nothing to follow them (capital). Yet I learned some very basics early in my 30's that has led me to guide my destiny. You can too. I'm not going to be eating high on the hog. But I might be able to stay ahead of inflation and eat out at Denny's a couple times a month!

You dont have to reveal anything. Be general. Stick to the basics because over time (thats what I'm preaching!) you can accomplish so much. Because you do have time!

The worse that will happen is no one will pay attention. But should just one of you have a bit of vision, see yourself as an retiree you might grasp your own future. Its in your hands whether you know it or not.

John

kookie_guy
08-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Very well said. When I was in my late teens I thought exactly what you said. "Meh, I'll deal with it when I'm older." If I got my act together back then, I could have retired by the age of 45. I'm 30 now, married with a family, and finally getting our stuff sorted out so 1) we can retire by 50-55 (that's the plan at least), and 2) that our kids will be taken care of when we are gone.

My dad passed away almost 7 years ago, I still have my mom. They didn't have much money to offer me, because they simply did not have it. However, I got something much more valuable from my parents than money. I was taught about the value of money, and how to smart with it. Without that, I'd be lost.

John is a great man for offering this advice, and I urge all the young bucks on here to take him up on his offer. At the end of the day, your 'sick ride' that you are pumping money into will get you nowhere.