PDA

View Full Version : Castle cooling cans bigger nipples?

JPriami
08-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Is there any way to have larger in & out nipples on the castle cooling cans for better flow?

Make-a-Wake
08-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Saw "bigger nipples" so i had to look................they are the size they are for a reason, a steady medium flow helps to draw the heat out better than a fast flow........

Rumdog
08-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Not this conversation again...

JPriami
08-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Ok thanks. Just wondered why my t180 esc and all the rest of the cooling system parts have larger holes then the castle cans are smaller. The stock red leopard cans even have bigger ones.

I don't know if I buy the heat soaking in with slower water factor. I can see the point of it but not 100% sure of that. You turn your AC on high flow to cool faster & better you don't turn it on low to cool it better?
Again I'm sure there have been test done and there maybe something I Haven't learned yet I'll freely admit that. Seems I keep learning from my mistakes. Lol

m4a1usr
08-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Is there any way to have larger in & out nipples on the castle cooling cans for better flow?

Its possible. Just need to be able to drill and tap the jacket. Aeromarine sells the larger 10-32 90 deg nipples (yes that word Beavis!). They have an inside diameter thats larger then the ones that come stock. But I'm not sure its really necessary. My own feelings are the current design size is adequate. I guess I could do the calculations and end the debate. I designed mechanical refrigeration systems for years. Some even worked (joke). The math is very, very simple. Media specific heat, flow rate over area squared, and a delta t. Thats about all you need. Not too difficult.

John

JPriami
08-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks again. Temps seem ok so I'll leave well enough alone I suppose.