PDA

View Full Version : Another PSFEMBC 1/10th Scale?!?

Ctonez
03-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Here's what arrived on my porch last night from a fellow club member...He said I can race it this year and see how I like it before comitting to buy. Yeah Right!

I've already fallen in love with it, it is absolutely gorgeous! ...just gotta plug in my trusty SV27 setup and I'm racing! Oh yeah, and a driver and turn fin.

For those who are counting I now have 4 boats in 4 seperate classes with 4 completely different hull types using the same motor/ESC.
It'll be interesting seeing the similarities/differences in handling and speed.

Darin Jordan
03-04-2008, 04:20 PM
NICE Corey!!

If you want to keep it legal for E-RCU or CT, then you'll have to follow these rules here for the Skid Fin:

(Classic Thunder Rule) Skid fins will be no longer than 1 1/2 “ from front to back and will be no deeper than 3/8”. All skid fins must be mounted against the inside of the left sponson. No curved skid fins. It can be angled, but must be flat from the water line down.

(E-RCU rule) Skid fins will be mounted in the scale position per the real boat, and may be enlarged from exact scale size up to 2-inch wide by 1-inch deep at the owner’s discretion.

The E-RCU rule would be a more driveable boat...

HOWEVER, to race with our club... I don't think we have separate "Modern" vs. "Vintage" classes at this time... so I think you can mount your fin out behind the sponson transom just like the Modern boats do... That really should make the Vintage boats under the limited power system have a pretty good shot at being competitive... maybe even having an advantage... as they benefit from more lift than their modern counterparts...

Should be a fun year!!

Ctonez
03-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks Darin, that's what I needed to know...now where do I find a fin and bracket that big for left turns?:confused2: