PDA

View Full Version : Sparton lol...

Smoothops
08-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I just got an email today about the new rebuilt Traxxas Spartan. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBMRV**&P=0 Anyone try the new one out? Is it any better? I like how the boat looks and with all the trouble and mods everyone had to do to get the old one running i held off from getting it. Is this a sign or still stay clear?

kookie_guy
08-05-2011, 07:25 PM
The ones with the castle system will be MUCH better than the original ones. However, there are other better options out there. Yes, they made the electronics more solid now, but at the end of the day it's still a plastic boat. In my opinion (and I'm sure 99.9% of this board would agree) the proboat impulse is a much better choice.

Smoothops
08-05-2011, 08:03 PM
31 vs 36 inches too...

dmwilson09
08-05-2011, 11:36 PM
I had the original spartan and it was a problem child from day one with lipos. I did finally get the New Castle electronics after sending it back for the 5th time. I was so fed up with the boat that I decided to sell it. I had been eyeballing the impulse and it finally came in stock so I bought one. It may not go 50+ stock, but it a proven system and a fiberglass hull. Even tho the spartan has the Castle Electronics now, the newly designed electronics have not been tested by people like you and me. And, now that the boat can actullay go 50+, i dont think the hull will survive to many crashes. If I were you, get a Proboat Impulse, Miss Gieco, UL-1, SV-27r, Motley Crew, or wait for the Proboat Mystic and save yourself some money. These are all good boats from company's that actually make Boats not RC cars and Trucks. Just my $.02

Steven Vaccaro
08-06-2011, 09:14 AM
but at the end of the day it's still a plastic boat this about sums it up!