PDA

View Full Version : Spektrum MR3000 Receiver not working, any ideas why???

Drax21
08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok guys need help, so I was just testing my twin motor cat out the other day before going out to the lake so I switched transmitter on took rx pack off charge and plugged it into the receiver but nothing, normally a light comes on the receiver but not this time. I have checked both of my rx packs and they both work fine so its gotta be the receiver. Any ideas as to why it has suddenly stopped working? Probably looking to buy a new one so if any one got a MR3000 spektrum receiver they are not using let me know.

Drax21
08-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Its like nobody has had this problem before.....

jamie
08-05-2011, 08:39 PM
:olleyes:

I just had exactly the same problem with a brand new MR200.
End result im over giving Spektrum any more money, i went and bought a FSGT3 no more problems.

unlimited
08-06-2011, 06:03 AM
possible help from spektrumrc download manual for this rx

may help

Drax21
08-06-2011, 07:34 AM

End result im over giving Spektrum any more money, i went and bought a FSGT3 no more problems.
I keep on having probs with Spektrum stuff, I wouldn't buy it but I need a receiver with twin throttle and this is the only 1 I have seen. I have the manual but it does not describe this problem. Think its just too delicate. If any one else knows of a twin throttle receiver let me know please.

eboat
08-06-2011, 08:15 AM
You do not need a reciever with a twin throttle output
All you need to do is make a Y harness that will join the two ESC's together and plug into a reciever with only one spot for throttle

Drax21
08-06-2011, 08:17 AM
OK, thanks for letting me know, will see what I can do.

Drax21
08-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Yh, I just bought the same one since you said you had no more problems and it is great. Binded easily and I love the big screen on it showing you what is going on. I got that Y harness cable as suggested too and everything is running perfectly. The FLYSKY tranmitter is proving better than the Spektrum DX3E. Can't believe Spektrum can sell a load of faulty delicate toy like devices for such a lot of money. Got my FSGT3, with receiver for half the price it would cost me just to buy the MR3000 receiver. What is the range on the FSGT3?
Thanks guys

jamie
08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Range is excellent i dont know about range with the antenna inside the hull because i have been caught out before, so i always run through a small antenna tube, but its at far as i am comfortable driving the boat away from me and i hope to be entering SAW events with it, which i imagine need at least 150 metres range and i have gone past that. Failsafe works great as a couple of underwater tests have shown :sinking-guy: Just ordered 4 spare receivers for $30 bucks :thumbup1:

Drax21
08-09-2011, 07:43 PM
The receivers look better made than Spektrum. Good to know for range. That is plenty enough and I have a antenna tube already sorted. Yh they are nice and cheap to replace too. Will never buy from Spektrum again. I told them about the problem and they said "send it back for repair analysis" Its their receiver why can't they tell me what the problem is. I guess they would charge me repair costs as well. Probably $20 lol :ThumbsDown01:
I might give it a go anyway as it did cost $75 New.