PDA

View Full Version : Old Guy Cannot Find Hull

sdartt
03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
I have been waiting to buy a Jolly cat for my first FE build, at 60 I can't wait to long, there still on back order. Any one give me a hint on another hull? Thanks from Jacksonville florida

Eodman
03-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I happened to luck out & pick one up on the swap shop .... until then I was considering the Mean Machine! Nice hull stable in rough water, turns well! The fit & finish isn't the same but at $155.00 you wouldn't expect it to be!

There's been a couple of build threads with this hull .... they can be made to run real well!

Doby
03-03-2008, 03:06 PM
First off Scott; 60 is not that old:banana:

Second; The Jolly is pretty much the cream of the crop for construction quality etc. I have seen 2 over the past few years and they are built well!

Third; As you are aware, they are in demand and expensive:w00t: .

Forth; Does it have to be a cat??? There are many hulls listed on this site that would make excellent first builds.

You could also try this; www.hydromarine.de
I know its in German, and there is an English version somewhere. I just can't find it right now. They make excellent hulls as well. The Supercat might be a good choice.

sdartt
03-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks I have been looking at MM and might go that direction.

sdartt
03-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks Doby
I have been trying to look at that site but like you said it is in German. I sent them a email to ask for there web address in english. I will forward it to you if I get it.

txboatpilot
03-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks I have been looking at MM and might go that direction.

I have had a M/M for over 2 years and it is one of the Best Performing hulls I own!! It will turn on dime and is stable into the 50's!! I really like mine, and will always keep it around...

I am running a Neu 1515/1Y, CC 125 esc, 4S lipo, and X437/3 or M440 prop... It is a Very Fun boat!!

Here is a picture and a video w/out the Neu motor...

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/txboatpilot/?action=view&current=47e37116.pbr

sdartt
03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Nice looking boat, the pictures help with what I plan to do, I see you didn't use a tran but went direct drive. The info on the equipment you used help's a bunch. I will order a MM today. You may hear from me again if thats OK.