PDA

View Full Version : Battlefury knowingly sells bad parts

siberianhusky
08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Bought a couple of things off this guy, the wire drive arrived bent and the 6mm x .078 collet will not fit on a 6mm motor shaft nor a .078 wire on the other side.
He actually admitted he knew the collets didn't fit yet sold them anyway.
Tells me to sand down my motor shaft to make the collet fit! Then it won't work with a good collet!
He will not refund any money!
Cheers all, avoid this scammer!

Jeff Wohlt
08-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Go with the Best-Forget the Rest.... rcraceboat.com!

LOL...just had to plug that in knowing my wiredrives and couplers have outsold and out run ALL the competition combined (not that there are many) and only in recent months has anyone even tried to duplicate them. Sure some have broken but with more than 2000 out there the fail rate is so low it harldy tips on the scale.

bwells
08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Is battlefury an OSE member? If so, I think there is a "sticky" thread for bad traders and this guy is one. One part and both ends wrong and not willing to make the deal right and knowing he did it is amazing! I guess they are out there.

Mel279
08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
hi guy

I bought some stuffs from Battlefury, all comes in good working condition, even sell one of my boat to him and he paid on time, not that Im on his side, but I haven't had any issue with him so far. So sorry for your misfortune

FighterCat57
08-04-2011, 12:06 AM
I know those collets, use a 15/64 or 6mm drill bit to open them up a bit. 5/64 for the wire side.

They are part of a bad batch of collets, but since they are stainless, you can drill them easily, using a vise or even vise grips if you don't have a vise.
Unlike the hardened steel collets, these can be drilled out easily.

Hope this helps.

FighterCat57
08-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Go with the Best-Forget the Rest.... rcraceboat.com!

LOL...just had to plug that in knowing my wiredrives and couplers have outsold and out run ALL the competition combined (not that there are many) and only in recent months has anyone even tried to duplicate them. Sure some have broken but with more than 2000 out there the fail rate is so low it harldy tips on the scale.

Here ya go!

Lol...

We love ya Jeff. =)

battlefury
08-04-2011, 12:46 AM
I know those collets, use a 15/64 or 6mm drill bit to open them up a bit. 5/64 for the wire side.

They are part of a bad batch of collets, but since they are stainless, you can drill them easily, using a vise or even vise grips if you don't have a vise.
Unlike the hardened steel collets, these can be drilled out easily.

Hope this helps.

Thats my point, either you can modify the motor shaft to fit or the other way round. Its not a big hoo-ha but he chose to look at gloomy side of things. Oh i forgotten! he only goes for QUALITY stuff.

Punisher 67
08-04-2011, 03:15 AM
.......................Just chiming in.............:ohmy:

siberianhusky
08-06-2011, 05:52 AM
He did make good on a refund, thats fine if people want to drill things out, if I had the tools to do this properly I wouldn't need to buy a collet I'd be able to make them myself. If I had bought from a store I would have expected a refund for a part that doesn't fit. And this guy at first admitted they didn't fit and didn't want to do anything about it.
All is good he did refund my money.

battlefury
08-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi guys,just to clarify. It was my mistake that i did not made my posting clear enough that the the collets need work to fit. Marks, hope we can just shake on it and clear up. Have a great day ahead!

bwells
08-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Good to hear everything worked out ok for both of you.