PDA

View Full Version : HPR 115 steering servo

jjrctech
08-01-2011, 10:05 PM
why in this picture this person use 2 servo for steering ??56910

I have a steering problem that the cables have play and the Rudder does not go back to center on my mystic.

Boaterguy
08-02-2011, 12:17 AM
have you tried tightening the cables up?
They may have two servo's because one is not always enough.

jjrctech
08-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I have the cable very tight but the Rudder as play think to try 2 servo

johnson22456
08-02-2011, 11:00 AM
One servo is plenty. I use a futaba digital low profile servo. I was having trouble with play in my steering also. You almost have to tension the wire to get the play out of it. Meaning they have to be extremely tight with no slack in them. I can send you pics later tonite if you want. I'm at work right now.

ManuelW
08-02-2011, 11:44 AM
The two-servo solution might be nice if you use the hydraulic steering but it will also work great with just one servo. Imho a good single LowProfile Servo will be easily enough, first I also used Futaba Servos but now changed to Savöx SC 1251MG and they are really great value for the money. And you really have to put some tension in the wires.
How I recommend to do it:
Put the Servo Arm off the Servo and fix the wires. Its done right when you need some tension to put the servo arm back onto the servo. I hope its understandable what I mean. So the wires are a very little bit to short and with the tension you need to mount the servo arm again there won't be any play in the steering.

Best regards,
Manuel

RaceMechaniX
08-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I believe the 115 works best with a low profile servo standing upright. As mentioned above you have to keep the cables very tight. Also due to the installation the cables are not a straight pull-pull line-up between the rudder arm and servo horn, meaning they form more of a diamond shape if using a single servo. Using twin servos may alleviate the diamond shape and provide for a more direct pull from each respective servo arm by spacing the servos apart. The downside to the two servo installation is that each servo must constantly strain trying to keep the cables taught unless a bridge is made to connect the two servo horns. You also must sync the servos. Some servos sync very well with just a y-harness, others need an additional syncing box to make them move sychronously. This is probably is not much of an issue with newer digital servos, but I thought I wold mention it.

TG