PDA

View Full Version : 31 leaking still

Mtwinste
08-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Well guys. I've installed the screw in water inlet (which was a bitch mind you). I did a run. Hatch sealed. Never rolled. Still leaking. It's leaked all 4 times I've run it. After each run it has about 2oz of water. And a light "mist" on the underside of the radio bay cover. Any ideas?

ron1950
08-01-2011, 09:47 PM
someone said to tape it up and submerge it in the bath tub and see where the bubbles come from......

dana
08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Did you try pressure testing cooling lines with water?

roadrashracing
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
try putting a little bit of plastictubing on the stuffing tube where the flex shaft comes in to the boat.

Mtwinste
08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
What is stubbing and what is the stuffing tube? First boat.

roadrashracing
08-02-2011, 01:16 PM
If someone could post a pic of the stuffing tube/motor area it might be easier to explain

Mtwinste
08-02-2011, 03:56 PM
So that's what that small piece of larger dia hose was for in the RTR box!!!! The instructions never said!!! Please post a pic of this being installed :)

v-spec
08-02-2011, 04:10 PM
So that's what that small piece of larger dia hose was for in the RTR box!!!! The instructions never said!!! Please post a pic of this being installed :)

I don't think that's what that was for. I used it to hold the nut to put the turn fins on. It'll be hard to get a piece of silicone fuel tubing on there because the stuffing tube only sticks out about a 1/4 inch or so. Did you grease your flex shaft real good?

Mtwinste
08-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I lubed the shaft last night for the first time. I'll run it again with a lubes shaft and see if she leaks. Haha.

Mtwinste
08-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Is water tubing the same size as nitro fuel tubing? I hope so

Mtwinste
08-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the help. Ran tonight and just a tiny bit of water inside. I greased the shaft and put a piece of nitro tubing on the shaft between the collet and wood.

GOGEICOGO
08-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Have you figured out where the leak was coming from yet? mine seems to be leaking to. Cant figure it out.

Mtwinste
08-18-2011, 06:25 PM
mine isn't leaking AT ALL. i used the water inlet in the back of the boat that's aftermarket screw in and also greasing the flex shaft really good and putting a piece of fuel hosing between the collet and the stuffing tube.

jstolz
08-18-2011, 08:00 PM
The outside water gets drawn up the stuffing tube that the flex cable runs in. You always need to put a piece of fuel tubing over the stuffing tube or water is pumped up the flex shaft into the boat. In addition to the piece of fuel tubing, which you did, put a tie wrap onto the fuel tubing. Sinch the tie wrap up so that there a little resitance between the fuel tubing and the flex shaft. This will insure that no more water gets into the boat via the stuffing tube.

GOGEICOGO
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Can you upload a picture of what your talking about? im pretty sure i no what your talking about. just want to make sure. thanks

Darin Jordan
08-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Mine hasn't leaked at all either. If the hatch mounting points have been sealed, and all the water lines have been pressure tested and are good, and all the transom bolts are tight, then it's likely coming up the flex shaft. Proper greasing usually will take care of this.

Back-lash
12-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I just got my boat for Christmas and when I ran it for the first time, I noticed some water. When I was drying out the boat, I noticed water dripping from the trim tab screws. I was thinking of removing the screws and add some silicon. Has anyone else seen this?

ejimbo4
12-28-2011, 08:48 PM
When I got mine I removed all hardware and siliconed everything myself just so I knew it was good to go.

Jberube
04-19-2013, 01:52 PM
I had the problem with the screw holes leaking. I siliconed them and it seems to have solved the problem.
Also check the cooling lines mine had a pinhole, luckily it was in an easy place to trim and reattach.