PDA

View Full Version : Nqd Arrowwind Brushless Conversion

dirtysouth31
03-02-2008, 06:47 PM
since i support nqd boats i decided to buy the arrowwind and convert it to brushless..diego wanted to see it run stock before i ripped it apart so i did and then i started rippin...sorry that i didnt take any pics of the build but here is some of it finished,for right now..i put in a new motor mount and installed a feiago 12s 380 motor with a orion captain 45 esc..eflite mini servo,micro hydro rudder and supervee turn fin..stock antenna hole is now where the water exits for the cooling..also drilled holes in bottom of sponsons and added 2 part foam and also added in nose of tub for flotation.first run as in vid was with a grim 36 x 55 prop..was fast but could tell that motor wasnt letting loose..so today i went and ran a 632 borrowed from my renegade rigger and the thing is fast now..unstable as hell.couldnt go more than half throttle it would get loose..gonna work out that problem but it was a good build i think..heres the vid link of first run..when the second vid is done diego will post....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qev_AqBhn1M

Diegoboy
03-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Man, thems some mighty small pics you posted there Dirty

Diegoboy
03-02-2008, 09:28 PM
...Oh, I guess I should be editing a video right now :tongue_smilie:

Eyekandyboats
03-03-2008, 08:33 AM
yeah come on the first one was good. second one be better.
i kept telling dirty the 632 would be the sugar prop.
and to fix the hoping i would just run the shaft out onto a small strut ot be more level