PDA

View Full Version : OSE logs me off after a couple mins...

HYDROJERRY
07-31-2011, 09:14 AM
When i am readying or righting something long or doing something in my house ose logs me off before i get to see and read the new posts,,this sucks,, if i go to do something for my wife i get kicked or if i take my dogs out to go to the bathroom i get kicked,,, or if i am wrighting a long PM to someone when i am done i have to log back in then all the highlighted new posts are no longer highlighted and i dont no whats new!!!!! Can we stop this or turn it off,,, it would help us slower reader's keep up!!!:sad:

Fluid
07-31-2011, 09:27 AM
This almost never happens to me, I can leave for an hour and still be logged on......

HYDROJERRY
07-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Funny i just went outside to get something out of my car came inside ent to pee,,, come directly back to my computer and i have to log back in and all the newer posts are gone,,,,

dana
07-31-2011, 10:21 AM
is it just ose? or does your computer log you off every site after a couple of minutes?

HYDROJERRY
07-31-2011, 10:30 AM
No its just this site!!! when im on any other site i can leave it on and come back to it whenever,, but it sounds like im the only one that has this issue..

Chilli
07-31-2011, 11:39 AM
It may be some sort of security setting. At home I do not have a problem but on the computers at work (in the break room), it will log me off if I spend too much time typing a post.

Dustin Sontag
07-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Clear your history and your cache. Log back in and see what transpires.

Steven Vaccaro
08-01-2011, 06:54 AM
When i am readying or righting something long or doing something in my house ose logs me off before i get to see and read the new posts,,this sucks,, if i go to do something for my wife i get kicked or if i take my dogs out to go to the bathroom i get kicked,,, or if i am wrighting a long PM to someone when i am done i have to log back in then all the highlighted new posts are no longer highlighted and i dont no whats new!!!!! Can we stop this or turn it off,,, it would help us slower reader's keep up!!!:sad:

When you say logged off. What exactly do you mean? Is OSE still on your browser? Or do you mean you have to enter your password and user name again?
There are no logoff setting I can set that I know of.

As for seeing new posts, there is a link under "quick links" called todays posts.
It will post all the posts from today.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post

HYDROJERRY
08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi steven,, i can be logged into the site password and all,, i will go take my dogs out come back in when they're done and come back to the computer and when i click to read another post it says i dont have permission in need to be logged in with my password and i found out my brother has the same prob,, im not real good with the computer so mwybe its a setting but it doesnt do this to me on rcgroups..

Savage Skidoo
08-02-2011, 09:13 AM
i have the same problem i wrote a message , and poof it was gone . Too long of a message so i gave up on the retype . BTW love your store and shipping to Canada CHEERS OSE ROCKS.

Steven Vaccaro
08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure. But I will look into it.

Do you click the "remember me" button when you log in?

When I'm on I can stay logged in all day without issue.

ManuelW
08-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Hello Steve,

I have the same problem. I also don't use the "remember me" button and sometimes I really get some troubles. E.G. if I log myself in after a few days absence and first read the PM's, then I go to New Posts and he tells me "No posts since last visit". I may use the option to read the topics written in the last 24h but I miss all the other ones. Maybe its possible to change it like it is done on other forums I know. There you don't have the option to read the posts since the last visit but they distinguish between read/unread posts. So you see the updated posts since the last visit but also older topics you didn't read.
And for writing long topics and PM's: Also lost sometimes everything I typed. Would recommend to copy the text before you send the post/PM. If you have to log-on again I just have to paste it again and don't loose it.

Best regards,
Manuel

Steven Vaccaro
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM
try using the remember me option on log in. Let me know if that changes things?

HYDROJERRY
08-02-2011, 01:48 PM
thanks guys i did try it my normal way on my wifes laptop and on the computer in the brake room at work all did the same thing so no ill try the remember me thin,,and see what happens.

Steven Vaccaro
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
What browser are you guys using thats seeing the issue?

HYDROJERRY
08-02-2011, 05:16 PM
just tryed the remember me and didnt work either, still had to log back in!!! im not computer savy, what is the browser???

Steven Vaccaro
08-03-2011, 06:07 AM
the browser is the software program you use to surf the net.

djmaincheese
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I use Google Chrome and have never been logged off this site, 3 days from now can open OSE's site and im still logged in. I definitely think the remember me box helps.

HYDROJERRY
08-04-2011, 08:22 PM
i dont no i gess i use windows7,,

Steven Vaccaro
08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
I consulted me IT guy and he couldn't find a reason that the forum would log someone out. Both he a I tried it on 5 pc's and iPhone and 2 iPads. All of them never logged us out. He thinks it may be a security setting in you Internet browser. Sorry I don't have a better answer! I'm also going to email the forum software people about this.

Savage Skidoo
08-23-2011, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=HYDROJERRY;345020]i dont no i gess i use windows7,,[/QUOTE

I also use windows 7 , i thought i would reply too rinski's post it was a long note , then i push post reply and puf kicked out and not loged in . this is far to often for my liking . now i see the thread has been closed :) .

PapaGriz
08-23-2011, 09:03 PM
I use IE on a Windows XP machine at work, Firefox on a Windows XP machine at home, and Firefox on a Windows 7 laptop at home.
I have never been logged off the site while browsing and I will leave a window open all day or night. I just walk back to the computer and click "new posts" or "todays posts".

CHUD
08-25-2011, 05:40 PM
WOW I can't even type a long message without being bump off:confused2:and I'M rollin Window's 8,

PapaGriz
08-25-2011, 08:24 PM
WOW I can't even type a long message without being bump off:confused2:and I'M rollin Window's 8,
Do you mean Internet Explorer 8?

I've had the same tab in my browser open all day today on OSE, with Internet Explorer 8.........Strange.

CHUD
08-26-2011, 08:09 PM
woop's ya Internet Explore 8 ,

johnmaclean
08-26-2011, 08:44 PM
yep. . . I've had the same issue as long as I've been a member here. . . about a year. I thought it was just something unique to this site since I don't have the same issue on Rcunivere or RCgroups or Rccanada. It happens consistently on any computer I've used inclding my laptop, home desktop and work desktop. They all use XP and Internet Explorer.