PDA

View Full Version : Impulse 31 Hatch mounting holes - Sealing them up...

Darin Jordan
07-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Hey Guys... It looks like the manufacturer failed to seal the hatch cover forward post hole and the latch slot. I mentioned it to Pro Boat, so hopefully future builds will be. One would think this would be an obvious thing, but apparently these things need to be spelled out a little better EACH time...

Never-the-less, and easy fix is to simply take some clear silicone and wipe a finger full of it up under the deck across these holes. After the silicone sets for a few minutes, I put a little dab of grease on the hatch mounting post and the latch, and put the hatch in place to form the recesses. Once it's setup, the boat should be much more water tight.

I still tape the front of the hatch and the back corners, just out of habit, but it should otherwise be sealed.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy!

dana
07-30-2011, 11:07 AM
darin, thats a good idea =) another way is to grab a small block of styrofoam and glue it in behind the hole, then you can just push the pin into the foam. just make sure theres enough foam so the pin doesnt go thru, and make sure the foam is nice and snug against the hole.

v-spec
07-30-2011, 12:30 PM
This could work but I'd have to recommend hatch tape no matter what. My tupperware lid was pretty loose on one side and would let water in there no matter if those holes were filled or not. I heated it with a heat gun and it's a little tighter fitting but I'm just gonna tape the hatch as I normally do.