PDA

View Full Version : WTB: NEU 1515 1Y or 1415 1Y

v-spec
07-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I've looked all over the net and I can't find a NEU 1415 or 1515 1y in stock. There was 1 on OSE here early this morning but somebody got it while I was screwing around in the shopping cart. If you've got one and are willing to let it go for a reasonable price I'll take it off your hands. You'd think living a few minutes from where they are made one of the shops around town would have one in stock :frusty:

Thanks.

skellyo
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Thought about a Castle/Neu 1515/1Y?

v-spec
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Yea I have but if I'm buying a copy I'd settle for a $49.00 tacon unless the CC Neu was cheaper than the $112 on ebay right now. Sure the cc motor is a little better but if I can I want a Neu.

skellyo
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Yea I have but if I'm buying a copy I'd settle for a $49.00 tacon unless the CC Neu was cheaper than the $112 on ebay right now. Sure the cc motor is a little better but if I can I want a Neu.

The Castle/Neu isn't a copy like the Tacon or Leopard. The design was licensed and approved by Steve Neu himself.

v-spec
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty familiar with them as I've had a couple in the past. I might end up with another but to me it's still a copy and made in China. I've spent LOTS of time in China and I know they can make some good products with enough quality control I'd just rather have an original if for no other reason than because it's made 10 minutes from my house.

Fluid
07-28-2011, 05:07 PM
If you want a Neu you should get a Neu, but in fairness to Castle, while their motor is made in China it is made in their own wholly-owned factory - not in one of the clone factories. Motor design and manufacture is fully under Castle's control using the right materials assembled the right way. To compare them to a typical Chinese knockoff like a Leopard or Feigao is so apples and oranges. I've looked inside them and run them. "Settling" for a Castle is not so bad....but it still isn't quite a Neu.

v-spec
07-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys, I had a feeling I'd end up in a debate once I posted my WTB add. If I order one new that's not in stock it'll take me a few weeks to get that's why I posted here. I know people don't generally get rid of them at least not the common model like a 1515 1y that runs good in lots of boats but I wanted to give it a shot before I either wait it out or buy a castle.

skellyo
07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Espritmodel.com has them in stock: http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=7882

Also, the DF means they sell it for a ducted fan, not that it's finned.