PDA

View Full Version : DX2.0 DSM 2CH Pistol spektrum radio

saleens7
04-24-2007, 05:27 PM
ive been hearing a lot of good things about the new specktrum radio systems, but ive also been hearing a few bad things...

one being range: ive heard a lot that most people do not get enough range on their spektrums (some even claim 80m's).....does anyone have the radio im looking at? if so, whats the range?

ive aksed horizon, they say the range is the line of sight of my boat, but ive been doubtful...

i know that FM had better range (and is more affordable), but would it be worth not having to worry about channels by getting a spektrum?

saleens7
04-24-2007, 07:04 PM
heres another radio system im looking at

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLZP2&P=0

its synthesized, so i can just choose the frequency i want to run on....

would this be worth getting?

avengersteve
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
i have the dx3, and it is awsome... i dont know of any one that had a problem with any of them.. ive had my nitro truck almost 1/4 mile away and had no issues

JimClark
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I have the DX2 and no problems here. I suspect if people have problems they not be geting the antenna out of the hull as far as you can. Mine is out 5.5 inches and I have not had any problem with it.

Jim

SJFE
04-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Dude remember my Blackjack test video??? I had that thing half way to china..she was a speck...LOL

saleens7
04-24-2007, 09:35 PM
ok, just wanted to know....

looks like a spektrum it is...

JimClark
04-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Just do not cut the antenna and exit it out the hull as far as you can. Locate the reciever right under the exit hole.

Jim

lferguson
04-24-2007, 10:52 PM
I had a DX2.0. Hated every run on it. It wouldn't go over about 200ft or so. I had it in two boats and it died in the exact same place every time. One boat had the antena coimg way out, the other had it running along the top half of the hull. Take the boats out of the water for a range check and you could walk far enought to loose signal. Get back on the water and you cant even make one full lap! I hated it. Called Horizion for a week to figure it out. They kept telling me the DX2.0 did not have enough transmitting power for the refaction of the water. THey said "It works great for some boats, but not at all ofr others". Told me the DX6.0 would be fine but not the 2.0 or 3.0. The kept offering to replace with a DX6 or SX3 Pro. I finally took the SX3 Pro with an extra Rx. Just my exsperiance.

saleens7
04-25-2007, 06:01 AM
is the SX3 pro any good?

whats its price?

should i just get the synthsized 3ch futaba?

lferguson
04-25-2007, 08:18 AM
I love it. It is the same price as the DX3.0 I think. I like it better than my Spektrum. I was happy with the Horizon support also. I send them my DX2.0 and they send me a SX3 Pro with extra receiver. What could be better. I really like the SX3 Pro better too. It has the same features as the DX's but a 10 model memory and a few more features. I am not saying the Spekrturms suck, but for me it did. And Horizon did tell me they did not work for everyone. That is just my personal experience. Two boats, both die in the ecact same place every single time, one with antenna sticking out a lot, the other with out. Take both boats out of the water and the range increase at least by tripple.

Rctothend
04-25-2007, 11:27 PM
I use this radio in a 1/12 scale car on a tight indoor carpet track. This place is a bad radio environment and I always had glitches in the past. The DX 2.0 is rock solid though no issues whatsoever. Cool radio, short antennas, easy on batterys, no crystals. I do recommend it for a track but cannot comment on its range. I am planning to use it in a boat soon, so I'll check the range outdoors before it goes on the water.