PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Final Value Fee on Shipping , whats the end.

roadrashracing
07-27-2011, 09:44 AM
I have not sold on ebay for a while, but just sold a bunch of stuff. I got my invoice and I noticed a final value fee on shipping for all my items, I'm like wtf? I did find thats a new fee they got 9% of the shipping price. SO now you have listing fees, final value fees on item, and shipping, and pay pal fees wow, I'm done there.:scared:

m4a1usr
07-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm with you too. When they decided to go where they are now it took me to pretty much being a buyer and no longer a seller. Otherwise you have to pass the costs on to your buyer and it makes the item price outside what a lof folks want to pay. Just Ebay getting greedier.

John

roadrashracing
07-27-2011, 11:25 AM
I will really not ship international now, granted people will pay the shipping but why should the seller pay the fees.

skellyo
07-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Definitely greed. My guess is they're looking for extra revenue due to folks buying and selling items on craigslist and other similar sites.

Steven Vaccaro
07-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Definitely greed. My guess is they're looking for extra revenue due to folks buying and selling items on craigslist and other similar sites.

ya, but ripping people off more isnt a way to get customers back.

sailr
07-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Wow, I had no idea they did that! The best way to sell now is to include the shipping price in the selling price and offer free shipping! I wondered why so many people were offering free shipping now! I can't see how Ebay has any legitimate claim to a portion of the shipping costs! That sucks!