PDA

View Full Version : Parkzone Typhoon 2 Help

mhall
07-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Hello everyone!

I am hopeful that someone here can help me. I have this plane and I have had it for about 4 years. It has sat on the shelf for the last 3 because of pretty major nose dive. But I have recently taken interest in the plane again, mostly because I purchased a Ultra Micro T28, which is a blast to fly.

Anyway, here's the problem! I plugged the battery in and all of the servos work and things move like they are suppose to, but I can't get the motor to spin. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I don't know if it's the ESC or the motor or something else. I would hate to start trying to troubleshoot by buying parts for no reason just in case it's something simple.

Thanks!

midnightsabotage
07-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Does the motor/esc produce any of the standard beeping noises when you first plug the battery pack in?

Is it the brushless version? (I can't recall if they had a brushed version of the Typhoon 2 first)
If it's brushless, you should hear the beeps when you plug the battery pack in. Make sure the throttle stick is all the way down (0% throttle) when you first plug in the pack.

If It beeps & there is still no response from the motor, it may be waiting for you to program it. To do this, you move the throttle stick all the way up (100% throttle) before you plug in the battery pack. Then after you hear the first set of beeps (or 2 sets of beeps, I can't remember for sure on that particular esc) you lower the throttle all the way down. After that, the motor should beep at you some more to indicate it's arming.
After that, it should function properly.

If there are no beeps at all, and it's got the brushless power system, you could have a bad esc or motor. But I doubt that if it's just been sitting. Oh, and I probably don't need to mention it, but first check all your wires in the whole power system to be sure they're plugged in and secure. I had loose connections from an esc to a motor once and was baffled for a while on a different plane once.

I have one of these planes that I purchased at a swap meet this past spring, it's all sorts of fun. I only took it out to fly a couple times too, I need to get it in the air again soon, thanks for the reminder! Let me know if any of this helped get it working.

Happy flying! (hopefully :p)

mhall
07-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Awesome!! Thank you for the response. It does all of the beeping that's what puzzled me. I thought it might be some sort of programming issue but the manual only talks briefly about programming but doesn't give any good information. I will try what you suggested and see what happens. I am hopeful now!! Again, thanks for the information and help. Happy flying to you as well.

mhall
07-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey Midnight!! I got it to work. I found out what was wrong. The reversing switches had been switched and when the throttle was down it was on full. So, when I tried to reprogram and moved the throttle all the way up it programmed alright. So, when I moved the throttle down the motor rev'd. And boy, does this motor rev. Anyway good to go!! Again, thanks for the help.

midnightsabotage
07-27-2011, 03:11 PM
That's great :)
You're welcome, very glad to hear it's working!