PDA

View Full Version : heeelp

hammertime
04-24-2007, 03:05 PM
first of all im running the aquacraft system in my cat..... i ran 14 cells on it last night and it was really really fast..... but it has horrible glitching problems.....doesnt on 12 though.....any answers

also i still cant keep water from entering my boat.....its deff commin in through the stuffing tube...... i have tried everything......any suggestions

avengersteve
04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
is it comming in at the transom? i put a bunch of silicone around mine, and use a bunch of water proof greese on the shaft. helped a lot.. i run 15 cells in my sv with no problems... mayber your reciever?

lferguson
04-24-2007, 03:34 PM
I say BEC.. Are you running BEC?

Steven Vaccaro
04-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I say BEC.. Are you running BEC? I second that. I just heard from a customer that AquaCraft told them the bec cant handle 14 cells. I will be updating the site to say this.

Doby
04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
I ran the Llumar all weekend on 14 cells with no problems,,,might be my Spektrum radio that helps .

SJFE
04-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I am board with Doby. I run 14 every time I am out. My Spektrum system seems to have no problem.

Drunken Pirate
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
BEC

Is there something more than a weight advantage to running a Battery Elimination Circuit? I was under the impression that it was bad to use the BEC.

hammertime
04-24-2007, 05:57 PM
im not sure what a bec is???

Drunken Pirate
04-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Hammer,

I am as noob as a noob can be with RC Boating and RC equipment. So don't blast me to hard if I get this wrong but I have looked into it a bit.

BEC = Battery Eliminator Circuit. Your ESC provides this functionality and it allows you to power your radio receiver using your esc/motor power source. So with a BEC you can eliminate the battery power source just for the receiver.

It has uses outside RC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_Eliminator_Circuit (wikipedia)

hammertime
04-24-2007, 06:05 PM
oic so if i were to add the seperate aa battery pack to the receiver would this help??

Drunken Pirate
04-24-2007, 06:12 PM
oic so if i were to add the seperate aa battery pack to the receiver would this help??

Hammer,

I am so not the guy to answer this. I am sure someone else here familiar with your model can point out the specifics. But I think you have to do a couple of things.

1. Somehow turn off the BEC functionality. If it is with your ESC then there must be something you can do to regulate it.

2. Hook up a battery pack according the the receivers manufacturers specifications to the receiver, hopefully with a switch in between.

3. Depending on the weight and what you do with the boat I am guessing you might have to place the added batteries for the receiver to stabilize the boat on the correct center of gravity (or this might not matter at all).

OR

4. Buy an ESC with a BEC that can handle that many cells.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

hammertime
04-24-2007, 06:16 PM
ok ill give it a shot thanks.......also i have tried everything about the water issue..... i have even put shrink wrap on everything.... its deffinatly commin through the stuffing tube... its a looot of water too

Drunken Pirate
04-24-2007, 06:19 PM
ok ill give it a shot thanks.......also i have tried everything about the water issue..... i have even put shrink wrap on everything.... its deffinatly commin through the stuffing tube... its a looot of water too

It might be tedious, but do you mind listing what you have done to the stuffing tube, and can you post some pictures detailing the area?

You might find more help there that way.

DP...

hammertime
04-24-2007, 06:22 PM
yes i will.... im goin to do a few things to see if it doesnt work ill post thanx for your help much appreciated

Rex R
04-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Re: water
if you're keeping the boat on plane there should be no leak. think what I would do is; check to see if the water is coming in through the tube or around it. if you have access to a bathtub this should be easy. step 1) pull the prop shaft step 2) fill the inboard end of the tube with petroleum jelly step 3) with hatch off put the boat in the water 4) see where the water is coming in. if you don't find any water coming in either you are correct that its coming up the tube or you have a cooling system leak.

hammertime
04-25-2007, 10:41 AM
ok ill give it a shot today and see

lferguson
04-25-2007, 11:43 AM
BEC
Disable BEC= take out the red wire Simple as that. IMO You shouldn't ever run a BEC, it's just asking for trouble at some point. I heard t people say that and disregarded it, but I have found this to be true.

Water.
Put a piece of heat shrink from the stuffing tube to the strut, a piece of silicone tubing over the stuffing tubing (inboard side there is a pic in one of these threads that Jay posted.) Then do a bath tub test with the flex shaft in the tubing just like you were about to run. If still getting in water, then use the same grease as you use on your flex cable. You can see the piece of tubing I am talking about here on the Titan better and the grease in the hydro better, it's the green stuff.

Racer
10-30-2007, 11:41 PM
To remove the BEC cut the red wire coming from the esc to the reciever. On more than 12 cells the BEC can cause glitching.