PDA

View Full Version : My new acquisition. A nice UL-! Superior

gsbuickman
07-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Hey everybody. I just picked up a new hydro. i scored a Aquacraft UL-1uperior. Thought I would take a few pics and show it off !!!. Now I need to start some mods.

Its pretty much stock with 2 3s lipos, I'll probably replace those with li-ion.:cool2:5626756268

Fluid
07-25-2011, 07:16 AM
First, welcome to the board. Have you actually run your UL-1 with two 3S LiPos in series? That is 'way too much voltage for the stock motor and ESC. If you are running 3S in parallel I'm surprised the ESC works.

I'd stick with normal hobby-grade LiPo packs for all you FE boats.

gsbuickman
07-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey thanks, I appreciate that. Ok my bad, they are 2s. Turnigy 20-30c 5000 mah. I think it might be series, she don't have power till both deans are plugged in. I haven't checked the wiring yet. Can I put a second turn fin on the left sponson ?, Or would that be a bad thing ?.

I am thinking of using hatch tape on the ul-1, but are there other alternatives to secure hatches ?. I am big into top fuel IHBA hydros and recently got into hobby quality boats. I also have a 1/12 proboat Miss Budweiser. I am currently wanting to convert it to EDF power. I have been running 1/10 & 1/12 scale rc for a long time. Check out the pics on my profile. Thanks

dana
07-25-2011, 05:32 PM
no dont put another turn fin. its a hydro and is meant to turn right only. the hatch tape is fine for the ul-1, it was designed to bu used that way. and yes it is series, two 2s packs in series = 4s

dana
07-25-2011, 05:34 PM
byw i dont think lion will work. i have a whole bunch of brand new 123 batteries 2s that wont work because they dont supply enough voltage. it just kicks the lvc in immediately

DBQuick
08-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Hey if your not living on the edge your taking up to much space LOL LOL I am waiting for my 3S and were going to see what happens if my ESC Blows then so be it and if the motor kicks well bummer I am going to jump up it all soon so were going to have a little fun I just hope it dont catch fire thats the worst thing that could happen we will keep you informed as to what happen.