PDA

View Full Version : Max amps lipos ??

Rcforever27
07-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Anyone have opinions on using max amps lipos i'n the Spartan? 6s ? I kno they're expensive compared to turnigys, but just wanted some info.... And they have a 6500mah with"true 150c rating" is tht bs??? Seems to good to be true otherwise everybody would run them.... Thanks i'n advance! I have one 8000 mag lipo from them tht i use i'n my rustler vxl , but it's only 20c and seems to be getting weak /old......

dag-nabit
07-24-2011, 03:53 PM
I have two sets of the Maxamps 6500 3S 150C batteries, and two sets of Turnigy nanotech 5000 3S 45C batteries for our Spartans.

All 4 sets were purchased new this Spring specifically for use in our Spartans.

Both brands seem to be pretty good batteries, the 6500 mah obviously give a bit more run time.

It is too soon to tell if the Maxamps are worth the "significantly" extra money. They seem to perform about the same, both brands run cool, Both balance well when charging. The Maxamps do show slightly lower internal resistance when charging 1-3 ohms vs 3-5 ohms for the Turnigy's.

Maxamps claims a minimum of 300 charge cycles, but until I have owned them long enough to verify they out last the Turnigy's by a significant margin, I can't recommend one way or the other if they are worth the extra coin.

Kevin

Rcforever27
07-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Ok thanks! Keep us posted on how the
Max amps lipos run.... I'm thinking about getting some....