PDA

View Full Version : need help on installing water jacket

tlandauer
07-23-2011, 03:24 AM
I bought the MC motor and the gold water jacket, had a real hard time putting it on, I know that there is an instruction for the black/more expensive jacket, but there is none that I am aware of regarding the gold jacket. Anyways, I put oil, froze it in the freezer--nothing worked, in the end with brute force I pushed it onto the motor can, but messed up the o-rings. They are in there but broken. I want to use silicone sealent-- those that seal tiles or bathroom fixture that is rated for premium water proof ( GE Brand) from hardware store to seal the jacket to the motor, will that work? Since i don't have any faith of putting a jacket w/o damaging the o-rings.:help:

Stinger9D9
07-23-2011, 10:52 AM
I found that it was easier putting the jacket on starting from the end the wires exit rather than the other (shaft) end of the motor, but yes, it's still incredibly tight.

I actually completely sliced one of the o-rings when it got pinched between the motor and the inside of the water jacket trying to force things together.

I took the water jacket back off off and tried again. I stuffed the cut o-ring back into the groove in the water jacket (making sure the cut ends touched each other and smeared a little white lithium grease on the o-rings. Then I managed to put the water jacket on buy slightly twisting the motor/water jacket in opposite directions while sliding it together. It worked and that completely wrecked o-ring even seals up completely water tight!

tlandauer
07-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks, I totally know what you mean by making sure the o-ring be in there, I busted them and part is missing. So i got Premium Silicone Gasket&Seal (GE) and seal it, works but now when I try to reposition the water in/outlet nipples one of them just snapped! So now I have to wait until I get the parts. well.. Thanks anyway