PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy 120 amp esc or prgrammer ??

rcboatmanwithkids2880
07-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Hi Guy's ,

Got a bit of a problem with either my Turnigy 120 amp ESC or Turnigy program card , as i am unable to get LVC to work properly . What occurs is that when i set the LVC up to cut in at 3.2v per cell , i have inconsistent throttle as in the motor cuts out after three seconds . All soldering & the set up is fine , just seems to be either in the program card or ESC - thinking it may be the card as it is not the one used for marine use . Any clues would be appreciated ??

All the best in F/E R/C Boating ,
Brad

Lockk
07-22-2011, 08:17 AM
There was a post here of the Turnigy acting flaky with the LVC set that low I would do it for you but I'm running out the door so use the search!!!!

Do advanced search switch it to search titles only and enter Turnigy you will get a ton of info!

rcboatmanwithkids2880
07-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks Lockk ,

Can't be the batteries as there Turnigy 35c newees ...

Make-a-Wake
07-22-2011, 08:52 AM
I have lots of T120's and have never had a problem with them. Set it manually to the cell count and use the TX programming instructions.......not the PC(?) programmer.

carlcisneros
07-22-2011, 09:38 AM
that is more than likely your problem. the programming card.
It must be one for marine use.

other than that, set the LVC to no protection and see if that works.

never really heard the 120's having this problem. but who knows.

you should really get the marine programming card...................................

or if you feel you can do it, use the transmitter programming instructions. not hard just watch what you are doing and
watch the temp. of the esc while programming it. they can and do get very warm.

Lockk
07-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Again I am going from memory but the card is no different I think it's the face plate take a look at this post.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?21879-Turnigy-Seaking-hobbywing-programming-card-faceplates&highlight=turnigy+programming+card

Damn it back to work!

carlcisneros
07-22-2011, 11:03 AM
those are ONLY face plates.

the top one is used on the CAR esc card.
the bottom one if for the marine version.

The Item count for the Car box is greater than the marine version.
I have both boxes as I use one for my car.

the car version does not work on the marine version and visa versa. (strange things happen)
I have tried this a few times. It doesn't work. at least it didn't for me.

ezhitz
07-22-2011, 09:38 PM
I run a t120 in my 2S rigger and I had the problem when i would run wide open it kept cutting out so stopped using the
BEC and ran with a small rx pack and no problem ever since.I also use the boat face plate with the programmer.Don't know if this
helps you.

rcboatmanwithkids2880
07-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks Guy's ,

Just that i have had my Apparition put away for over six months , as i am busy with my young family , & i'm a bit rusty with workings . Will try manual setting LVC , as i still have instruction for ESC ....

Much Appreciation ,
Brad

v-spec
07-23-2011, 11:59 PM
I've been using the car programmer on my seaking esc's for a few years now with no probs. I just printed out the marine faceplate and look at that when I program. Matter of fact I just got done programming my new Seaking 120 with it today.

MaxCorvette
07-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I run a t120 in my 2S rigger and I had the problem when i would run wide open it kept cutting out so stopped using the
BEC and ran with a small rx pack and no problem ever since.I also use the boat face plate with the programmer.Don't know if this
helps you. Same here, the becs of these Seaking esc's are not so good, when I changed to a seperate ubec it worked like a charm!
Love these esc's! Programming box is universal from V2 up, just the faceplate is different. I use the same box for my cars and boats.

Marcel