PDA

View Full Version : new swordfish 200a esc glitching need help

bbosncali
07-21-2011, 07:01 PM
I've only used seakings and never had a problem but do to my setup in my df 33 I had to buy a swordfish. It was my first run in my boat lasted about 2mins and then it stopped. Got the retieval boat brought it back noticed I had some water in my boat dint think nothing of it. It was a huge amount but enough to take notice. I drained my boat plugged back in the esc it beeped like normal gave it throttle and it started glitching. So I stopped blew out the esc to make sure there was no water tried it again and it started smoking a little bit even seen a spark. So I waited cause I just bought it and wasn't about to give tried it in about 10min and it seemed fine kinda warm though. Played with the throttle a little bit made sure there was no more glitching put it back in the water ran for about 30 seconds and shut off again. So now I'm frustraighted. I know there not water proof and I have to find my leak but how do I make it water proof and has anyone ever had this problem or is there something wrong with mine? I've never used a swordfish and don't think ill buy one ever again either way cause there is no protection from the water assuming that's the problem? Any suggestions besides the obvious which is fix my leak?