PDA

View Full Version : ProBoat Blackjack 26 BL Catamaran prop question

rmbelair
07-20-2011, 09:50 PM
My New (used) boat will arrive tomorrow and my question is what will be the best all around propeller to run on this boat in place of the composite 1.6x2.5 in. composite stock prop. This is the boat with the U-joint and turnable outdrive and it will have Venom 4200 Mah NinH batteries in it so take that in mind. I would like a recomendation on both a copper/brass and Stainless steel prop. I plan to purchase and reprogram speed controller to run a pair of 7.4v 5300maH 2s 25c Lipo batteries and would also loke a recommendation for the propellar to use in that configuration. Thank you in advance and let me know ASAP so I can order in time to take to lake in 2 weeks.

kookie_guy
07-20-2011, 10:17 PM
The nimh packs will likely quit on you, regardless of what prop you use. By quit I mean you'll be hitting low voltage cutoff, and it will frustrate you just like it has pretty well everyone else that has been through it.

Once you get into lipos, it's a whole other story. Keep in mind that if you run the stock U joint, propping up will put more load on it, so it will be more likely to fail. As for prop, I've been very happy running a B&S octura X642.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you go for 40c lipos? I realize the ones you are getting are rated over 150A, and you won't come close to that on the stock setup, but if you ever upgrade to something more power hungry, having 5000mah 40c packs is nice, because they are rated at 200A. So if it's not too late, go for the 40c.

rmbelair
07-21-2011, 12:05 AM
I appreciate the input. I will go with your recommendation on the batteries also since I have not purchased them yet. I only considered them because proboat recommended them on there site. Thanks again

kookie_guy
07-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I appreciate the input. I will go with your recommendation on the batteries also since I have not purchased them yet. I only considered them because proboat recommended them on there site. Thanks again

They are not wrong in recommending them, as they are just fine for a stock setup. However, as you will quickly find out, nothing stays stock for long, lol.

bwells
07-22-2011, 12:29 AM
The Octura X642 is the prop of choice for this boat but keep in mind you will need to make a shim to get to the 3/16th inch shaft the prop requires. The info to make one is here on OSE tips and tricks and works well and easy to do.

kookie_guy
07-22-2011, 09:12 AM
The Octura X642 is the prop of choice for this boat but keep in mind you will need to make a shim to get to the 3/16th inch shaft the prop requires. The info to make one is here on OSE tips and tricks and works well and easy to do.

good point, didn't mention that because I upgraded my hardware, so it was not an issue for me.