PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion 5000 45C question

BrucebrentLee
07-19-2011, 12:17 AM
I am getting my Fastech back up and running. I think I am going to go with the Hyperion 45c 5000mah battery's. My question is; should I just leave the battery tray alone and strap the battery in at an angle? or should I cut the front part of the battery tray so that the battery will lay flat?

I have been reading a bunch on this forum. I intend on upgrading the bullet plugs to 5.5mm on the motor, and will probably run 5.5mm plugs on the battery's also.

my main goal is to have a decently fast, but reliable setup. no nuclear meltdown speeds required.

BrucebrentLee
07-19-2011, 12:19 AM
I forgot to mention the battery dimensions are 160mm long x 44mm wide

sanyijr
08-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey Kung Fu,

The typical setup does not require any 5.5 mm uprgades.... Stock is just fine on the 4S setup. I assume you are running 2 2S is series as stock. I have all stock eqip. Stock Motor and ESC. 2 2S 5000mah batteries in series, etc. I have not cut anthing to fit batteries. My batts fit perfect in the trays. But you want to keep center of gravity about 8-10 inches from back (transom) in any case. And I would upgrade to the X642 prop. (that is a MUST) you should get another decent bump in speed. (I have all this in my boat and everything stays just barely warm...) If you have to put them in at an angle, eh.... Slightly higher CG. With added weight, not sure if you would notice big difference. But runtimes are long. I love it. Though I have to note, I have a set of light weight 3,200 mah batteries and there is a noticable speed difference. It rides much higher out of the water and it peppers on all the little wind chop. Really fun.

I have to note: you are going from NiCD or NIMH? You need to programm your ESC appropriately for Lipo!!!!! Or you will kill your batteries. Kung fu skills nor Jedi Mind tricks will help you there... :nono:

sanyijr
08-30-2011, 04:13 PM
...and if you have any other questions, Bruce... ahhhhh hummm. Don't hesitate to ask....

Sean