PDA

View Full Version : need help selecting a prop

bigemike
07-17-2011, 04:49 PM
I have a aquacraft montley crew all stock except I fixed the flex shaft and freed everything up and lined it up so it is nice and free. I lost my stock prop first run due to a poorly made flex shaft. My question is I bought a m445 prop, cleaned it up a little, no balancing or anything just took off the rough edges with my excato. Anyways I melted a battery connector which was an imitation deans plug, and heat is high and runtimes are low. I was wondering what prop would be less aggressive and might make the boat more playtime freindly, I am not racing I just want something to put around the lake.

What props are a bit less agressive than the m445, I have a aquacraft 36x55 how would that stack up? any input would be great.

Fluid
07-17-2011, 05:15 PM
The 36x55 is probably too small. A balanced and sharpened m445 will work a lot better than a raw one, what run time are you looking for? The faster you go the hotter the components and the shorter the run time will be.

For goofing around the stock prop is not bad. An Octura x442 or GrimRacer 42x55 would be good choices too.

bigemike
07-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah I want something between stock and the m445 I don't have the balancer and respirator to balance and sharpen the props. What can I pull from the package and throw on it. I think the m445 will stress the small wires on the speedo and motor. I might switch to bigger bulletts and heavier battery connections. But I would def take runtime over speed for now and be easier on the stock electronics.