PDA

View Full Version : Some videos for your enjoyment - a little different perspective...

Flame On
07-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey guys,
I finally got some good 6S batteries locally. I found a small lake midweek to try them on. Didn't run the boat hard because didn't have a way to retrieve if needed. Plus it would shut down only after about 4 high-speed passes in front of me. So I drilled out the hole in the rudder and put larger water lines on all the factory stuff. Dropped it in the water last night and had a blast with it! It did much better! All the clips you are about to see, were run back to back and it only shut down once due to heat. It ran out to sets of 6S's. Don't have a GPS yet, didn't check temps. Just played. Sorry. Sorry about the video quality too. Shot it on my IPhone. Next time I'll turn the phone sideways and get a better aspect ratio. I just bought a GoPro cam. I may try and shoot next time with that. Got my Leopard motor, water jacket and SeaKing ESC in the garage. Waiting on wire drive and other stuff from Jeff. I'll just run it like this till it pops and move all the new stuff in then. You'll notice it rocking back and forth under high-speed. Gonna either make some more trim tabs or add another set of stockers and see if that helps. Gotta admit... had a lot of fun. Love the boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIoXnXZd_mE

djmaincheese
07-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Cool video, did you have the packs all the way forward?

Flame On
07-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Cool video, did you have the packs all the way forward?

They were mostly to the rear. About 3" from transom. I did have the rudder angled to keep the nose down. Probably a little too much.

Flame On
07-17-2011, 12:49 AM
I originally uploaded the clip with a stretched aspect ratio. Just what IMovie did when I imported the clip from the iphone. I figured out how to keep the original aspect and reuploaded the movie but it gave it a new link, so the clip is up two different ways. Sorry.

bbosncali
07-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Nice job on the video... Music fit the scenario felt like I was watching a new Miami vice movie.... Looked like alot of fun

Flame On
07-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks. Really wished I had my brother turn the Iphone on it's side so video would have been a little bigger. Oh well, live and learn. It was fun! Starting to think 2 Spartans might be a good idea.

Flame On
07-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Got back on the water for a little while tonight with my dad. Decided to let him give driving the Spartan a try for the first time. Talk about making me nervous. Anyway, was kinda funny. Thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Dad decides to drive it like he stole it at the end. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQJqSMkqolg