PDA

View Full Version : Widowmaker 22 with custom lid

playback
07-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Just bout a widow maker about a week ago. Didn't like the top that it has so i cut one out or plexiglass.

2cell Lipo 5000 and coper prop (i dont know what size i took it off my aqua craft v)

Also the cool Red Bull Stickers because i didn't like the factory set up. yuck. The prop angle is ideal and the turn fins i have just right so it doesnt flop around like many complain about this boat.

(click to make larger)

SweetZ28
07-16-2011, 11:09 PM
I made my own top for mine also ...Could you take a close up of the side showing the prop angle i can't get mine to turn good it don't handle well I see your steering fin is pulled away from the rear of the boat i never tried that before does it hel?

THANKS

drwayne
07-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Nice setup.

turn fin looks 90' to the V. same as my df33

Is there a pic of B4 new cowl ?

SweetZ28
07-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Here is mine with my custom lid.

playback
07-17-2011, 07:56 PM
the prop is down as far is i can get without affecting the rpm's. this boat isnt made to turn on a dime but from what ive seen the setup i have works the best! ill try and get photos up soon

SweetZ28
07-17-2011, 09:28 PM
the prop is down as far is i can get without affecting the rpm's. this boat isnt made to turn on a dime but from what ive seen the setup i have works the best! ill try and get photos up soon

Cool thanks can't wait to see the photos.

Mine is set flat with the hulls bottom now.
what prop you running?

SweetZ28
07-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey what happend to the photos?

playback
07-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey what happend to the photos?

Here you are sir. sorry it took a little while i wanted to get the turn fins just right.
As you can see my angle of the prop is way low and if you can tell the rudder angle
is as low as it will go also. My turn Fins are not quite 90degrees but pretty close.
Though i haven't got the turning prime yet this handles great when bouncing. few
slight adjustments should be good enough. thanks!

SweetZ28
07-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Hi what prop you runing?
also did you ever try running the prop angled up a little I recall some one said that works well mine is like that and it works ok... will have to try it angled down but i think it will make you lose alot of top end speed.

See my prop does look different.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55662&d=1310914361

playback
07-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi what prop you runing?
also did you ever try running the prop angled up a little I recall some one said that works well mine is like that and it works ok... will have to try it angled down but i think it will make you lose alot of top end speed.

unfortunately all i know is that its an octura...... i bought it about 4 years ago for another boat. i compared it with the Stock prop and they are EXTREMELY SIMILAR.

BUT thanks for the input! im going to try angle up the prop, i just know when mine was angled up it took awhile to plane out because it would catch so much air in the
prop on take off and just sound like it was sucking air and making bubbles. haha

hopefully me and you (sweetz28) can find the optimum performance setup for this boat! keep me updated

SweetZ28
07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi you probably have the same prop as mine it looks like the stock one exactly it's a Octura x435 guy's say the octura 3 blad prop makes this boat work it's best but i never tried one.

Also you dont want to angle the prop up all the way set it flat with the bottom of the hull and slightly angle it up a little and try it then try it again a little more angled up and see where you like it best.

unfortunately all i know is that its an octura...... i bought it about 4 years ago for another boat. i compared it with the Stock prop and they are EXTREMELY SIMILAR.

BUT thanks for the input! im going to try angle up the prop, i just know when mine was angled up it took awhile to plane out because it would catch so much air in the
prop on take off and just sound like it was sucking air and making bubbles. haha

hopefully me and you (sweetz28) can find the optimum performance setup for this boat! keep me updated

playback
07-20-2011, 11:38 AM
i asked the boat guy at my hobby shop if i should get a 3 blade and he said my motor would run much hotter and it would kill the life. its just to hard on it i guess.

SweetZ28
07-20-2011, 12:57 PM
i asked the boat guy at my hobby shop if i should get a 3 blade and he said my motor would run much hotter and it would kill the life. its just to hard on it i guess.

That's not true if you get the correct size.

playback
07-20-2011, 04:15 PM
That's not true if you get the correct size.

let me know if you try one thats the right size id love to give it a shot! later today im going to angle up my prop. ill let you know how it goes.

SweetZ28
07-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Cool let me know how it goes... the 3 blade prop in the widowmaker section guy's say this is the best prop for our boat.
octura 3 blade 435

playback
07-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Cool let me know how it goes... the 3 blade prop in the widowmaker section guy's say this is the best prop for our boat.
octura 3 blade 435

i tried to angle up the prop just a tad. no speed difference and it took longer to plane. id say stick with it angled slightly below. ima try the prop this week

SweetZ28
07-21-2011, 08:05 PM
i tried to angle up the prop just a tad. no speed difference and it took longer to plane. id say stick with it angled slightly below. ima try the prop this week

You must have a different prop than mine mine don't take long at all to get on plane it hops right up in a instant?
Take off your prop it should have a # on the fron or back where the shaft goes through see what it is?