PDA

View Full Version : New Caste Creations Marine ESC from Traxxas

bdp1174
07-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Just got back my traxxas esc and motor combo from that was in for repair(the original electronics)and to my suprise a new castle powered esc was installed with the new motor.
here is a few pics of it before I leave for work.
btw they sent it overnite shipping too repair was completed yesterday at 5pm and got it today.I think they are listening to us.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/danknugs420/IMG_0471.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/danknugs420/IMG_0470.jpg

johnf
07-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Well that's interesting!

Looks like a similar layout to the stock one.'did castle manufacture the original.

HydraNeu
07-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Mine was waiting for me when I got home today.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv259/djmeintjes/IMG_1391.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv259/djmeintjes/IMG_1392.jpg

The motor has Castle etched on the endbell, along with the specs: 1420 - 1800kv

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv259/djmeintjes/IMG_1393.jpg

LarrysDrifter
07-15-2011, 06:10 PM
I hope this runs well and reliable for all you Spartan owners. I hate reading about all the misfortunes.

Steven Vaccaro
07-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Very neat. Any specs on the esc?

HydraNeu
07-15-2011, 06:31 PM
There was an owner's manual addendum included with it. It mostly just says that it is manufactured by Castle, and all warranty is through them (like the e-revo brushless edition). It tells you how to set the LVC, and some other basic stuff, but no real specs on it.

There is Castle branded 13 gauge wire on the power leads, and the rx wire is brown, yellow, and red (or whatever colors they are) that Castle uses instead of the red, white, and black. I'm assuming that it works with the Castle Link, but I haven't tried yet.

Savage Skidoo
07-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Thats funny i got the same motor with no castle etch'n and the same esc that was in the boat to begin with but they told me not too use the the esc that i had so WTF do i do . watch it blow up again . i spent enough in shipping back and forth to Canada . My 1st shipment too them was the hole boat back fire on board the vessle burned a hole in the hull 2 was motor and esc .

Steven Vaccaro
07-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Thats funny i got the same motor with no castle etch'n and the same esc that was in the boat to begin with but they told me not too use the the esc that i had so WTF do i do . watch it blow up again . i spent enough in shipping back and forth to Canada . My 1st shipment too them was the hole boat back fire on board the vessle burned a hole in the hull 2 was motor and esc . call them and say you want the right stuff.

Savage Skidoo
07-15-2011, 09:33 PM
call them and say you want the right stuff.

Thanks Steve , I'm new to fe boats but not new to the hobby , we have a wicked rc track up here east of Toronto Ontario Canada and i'm one of the founding members to this club so i know a little . I've read lots of your tips through OSE threads on boating . Very disapointed on what they sent me my esc has no castle markings on it :( . All my offroad esc's are CC like mm sct sw1/18 thats a cause for a call back . Thanks ....

dag-nabit
07-15-2011, 11:34 PM
This is encouraging. :Praying:

Not entirely certain the 1800kv motor on 6s might not raise a few issues, but it shouldn't be a problem to see 50 mph :biggrin:

Sure is good to see a name known for quality on those components.

Kevin

roadrashracing
07-16-2011, 03:32 AM
wow they really better be offering an up grade program for current owners now, mine will just not quit.:frusty:

bdp1174
07-16-2011, 03:42 AM
I looked at the end of my motor it has the same 1420 and castle info etched in it also.This new esc was a suprise to me when I opened the box.
I am going to test out the new motor and esc combo in the next day or two and will post my results.
I wonder if all the new boats are shipping with these now or will they be delayed?

the5
07-16-2011, 10:44 AM
I called. They will not exchange it unless something is wrong. I called 3 times. They say the Esc has not changed at all just a different vendor.

sailr
07-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Looks like a repurposed car esc?

Brushless55
07-29-2011, 11:26 AM
wow they really better be offering an up grade program for current owners now, mine will just not quit.:frusty:

I fully agree!

the5
07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Why would they if tour stuff works perfectly?

Brushless55
07-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Why would they if tour stuff works perfectly?

talking about the fellas who got burned by the stock stuff that burnt up and spent money on other equipment

Snafujg
07-29-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm one of those that went out and bought an aftermarket motor/esc combo after I watched my buddy fry his original stock stuff. Never even ran a Lipo thru the stock stuff I had. Went straight to a CC1515/Seaking180A combo. After I heard that they were sending out new motors, I put the stock stuff in, ran a couple sets of lipos through it, and Poof. ESC went up in smoke. Sent it in and got lucky enough to get the new Castle stuff in return.

I look at it this way: I now have a good backup setup in case this new motor/esc goes and I won't be without my boat for the 10 days or so it will take Traxxas to replace em. Or I have a great motor/esc to put into a new boat. I can even put that motor in my Slash 4x4 if I wanted to.

But I do also agree that if what you have is working, just go with it. It will die eventually, and when it does, you already have a backup setup to put in there while you wait for traxxas to replace yours.