PDA

View Full Version : Forum question

T.S.Davis
07-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Maybe Steve will know a way to pull this off.

If you look at the members list under the community pull down, you can sort by name or number of posts. Is there a way to turn on sort by state? Sure would be cool to be able to see who lives around each of us.

You never know, there could be a guy in the next city you've never met that runs boats and doesn't know you exist. Somebody is buying up all these Motley Crew boats. They gotta live somewhere.

properchopper
07-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Great idea ! [ might even be cool to have an entry listing where each member runs their boats ]

Steven Vaccaro
07-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Terry thats actually something I was working on way back. Thats the reason during the registration process I ask for a city and state. I kind of put it off for a while. I can do the search in the admin area, but users can not. I will get working on it again.

Steven Vaccaro
07-15-2011, 11:55 AM
There is one issue with that. Its not perfect.

For instance if I search for MI(Michigan).

Most people did input the correct two letter abbreviation.

But someone that put it Birmingham AL also comes up. Because of the "mi"

AlanN
07-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Not sure how you have your legal sign up worded...but be careful on sharing such information. There are a-holes everywhere waiting to sue over sharing their personal info.

T.S.Davis
07-15-2011, 12:58 PM
That information is already available on most every forum you become a member of. If you fill it in that is. Some don't.

Steven Vaccaro
07-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Its listed a couple of times that this information is public.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/memberlist.php?do=search