PDA

View Full Version : thunder tiger outlaw 29 inch mono

shannon87
07-15-2011, 07:18 AM
hi all i was leaning toward this as my LHS is offering me one for 200 hundred minus the radio and throwin in a lipo chrager i thought it was a good deal to get me started i was jus goin to get a stinger installed a long with some turn fins anyways here is the link http://www.thundertiger.com/product/5123-A22G.html i would love the pb impluse mono but once i factor in the shipping and lipos and charger its quite expensive while bein an awesome craft i was gunna start with this then go a bare hull build when i get more serious i was gunna pick it up next week

steveo
07-15-2011, 10:08 AM
save your money and get the impulse. its hands down a better boat and very adjustable and will handle more speed, i have been in your position dont settle trust me

shannon87
07-15-2011, 10:58 AM
lol cheers thats wat i was thinking he also offered me a deal on one of those surge crushers they seem to perform pretty well though not as good as the proboat but seems ok and it would save me several hundred lol which is the outlying deal plus seems enough for my needs

TheShaughnessy
07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
It's a decent boat to get started, but it is abs so repairs would be hard. I've had my hulls.crack but I could always just fix it. My sv27 is over 3 years old and been in a few wrecks, but some tlc and it looks pretty good again. You are being sold on a low price but not considering value. With the impulse you are getting value. The gear on that boat is going to last u for years to come, not sure if the same can be said for the outlaw. I think it would be better to wait and and do it right with the Impulse than to jump in and get a boat that may cause u problems and potentially cost u more long term. Just my opinion.

shannon87
07-15-2011, 11:18 AM
yer for sure lol i was checkin a thread on here about the surge crusher and on the driveline just a plastic tube is used lol and someone found a crack under there motor mount and yer its better to spend like 400 bucks to get aq or proboat and have it last 10 years then 2 spend say 200 and have it last 12 months lol plus the impulse/mystic looks way better still stuck between the impulse and mystic well one i have already got a large vee and a small cat so i need a large cat and a small vee to balance it out so maybe go the mystic from pb then aq mini mono lol to balance out the collection and with cats i jus think they would look cooler as twins thats the only i guess silly reason not to get the mystic though the impulse has a wet stuffing tube i tihin it just kinda comes down to personal preference i could always get the other after i choose which one lol i think i may jus go the mystic as its origianlly wat i was gunna choose plus it will balance out the collection lol

RCaddict0
11-05-2011, 08:59 AM
I wish I would'nt have found this thread. Im new to boating and just bought a new one. I was torn between this and a Proboat Shockwave 26 brushless. But I read countless threads that say the Proboats ESC fails on 2s and it underrated for the boat. I didnt wanna spend $200 + on a boat to have to spend $65 on a new ESC as soon as I got it.

shannon87
01-16-2012, 02:15 AM
yer true the boat runs well on stock power for a beginner but its not long before the power bug bites i have since replaced with new adjustable trim tabs and F/E rudder will be running sv27 driveline with new 540 motor etc and a spare T-180 esc if i didnt get it as a bday present i would have brought a better fibreglass boat that i didnt have to change so much though it is fun but by the time i replace everything it will owe me over a hundred in parts could have got a sv27 etc for the money in this boat hopefully it will be ok to race in a new club as the abs is quite thick and it handles good.