PDA

View Full Version : Whats loose

Mike whiting
07-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Somthing inside my hull up front is loose I can shake my boat and somthing is flopping around inside. The problem is it is making the front end ride low does anyone one have any idea what it could be

Fluid
07-14-2011, 06:47 AM
It is probably a loose piece of the floatation foam in between the inner and outer hulls. I can't think of any thing else which would be inside there. Of course when the boat was built someone could have dropped a screw or nut in there....I really doubt it is having any effect on your boat's ride attitude.

Mike whiting
07-14-2011, 10:28 AM
I think your rite about the foam. And ya I think I need to adjust the angle of my strut

slyman
07-14-2011, 08:07 PM
If you boat is a UL-1 it could be weights that are glued in the front of the sponsons. I had the same thing happen to me with one of mine. If that's what it is it's an easy fix by drilling a hole in the sponson one to two inches from the front on the inside.
Drill a whole just large enough to accept the nozzle a 30 minute epoxy syringe.
Point the boat down and shake it to position the weight back to the tip of the sponson.
Set and secure to boat so its standing on end on the tips.
Squeeze out a small amount of mixed epoxy on a piece of paper and discard (do this to make sure the two parts have begun blending well)
Make sure the inside of the of your sponsons are dry before you begin.

This should fix your loose weight issues.