PDA

View Full Version : prop adjustment?

masonis1
07-11-2011, 10:44 PM
i am doing this little project making a #% dollar boat brushless and so far it is holding up to the power of a turnigu 2700 kv brushless motor with a turnigy 120 amp esc running a 3s lipo. i have it running and everything is working good. i put a traxxas blast steering system on today and went to test it. it was the last piece of the puzzle. i went out first run in almost 2 month and ran it. i would punch the throttle and it would go good then it would sound like it was sucking air. my friend and i moved the shaft to under the original hole and lowering the prop about an inch lower in the water. worked better than the first time for sure but it was still sucking air. i was using the traxxas blast prop then but i have the original prop on now. i have no idea what pitch either prop is but the original is 1 and 7/8 in. in diameter. the boat is about 27 in long and is sitting in the water nice. i am just wondering what is wrong and why it is sucking water. is this the prop or something alligned wrong. i will try to put pictures up but there is a video i am putting up on youtube. my youtube is youtube.com/user/masonis1 it should be the first video. you can see first hand what it is doing. i also show what i am running, in the video i am running a 7.2 volt nimh batt so.. but tell me what you think. i can have the blast shaft in for a prop or a 1/8 in prop. i dont know if its the pitch or what. hopefully you can help me out.