PDA

View Full Version : New Run of Spartans Haviung Leaking Issues??

dag-nabit
07-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Saw a post over on the Traxxas forum where the poster claims he was told by his LHS that Traxxas has suspended shipping of the "new and improved" Spartan for a couple weeks because 86% of them leak.

There is no way to confirm this just yet, but, the Traxxas employee who responded to the post didn't refute the claim, just said "call us to work out a solution".

Are the problems ever going to end for those poor silly B's at Traxxas???

Kevin

GeoVW72
07-11-2011, 02:19 PM
:icon_bs: raise it high

They're making up excuses for the fact that they can't supply them.

100% of them, the jacket leaks.

Nuff' said :Peace_Sign:

bdp1174
07-11-2011, 05:28 PM
They should start adding the aluminum jacket for the motor and that would be what the boat should have come with from the start after they finally switched to the new motor.

Doug B
07-12-2011, 12:25 AM
I didnt ever get the stock jacket wet but I don't see where it could possibly cool well (not enough water in contact with the motor) and it looked like it would leak immediately, I cant imagine what it would be like after it aged a bit. I also noticed as I removed it that there were little gobs of grease in the 'passages' og the stock jacket, big enough to restrict water flow, possibly.. yes, I think an aluminum jacket or even a coiled tube would be better than the one they supplied.

JPriami
07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Traxxas should stick to land based vehicles.

Savage Skidoo
07-12-2011, 02:12 PM

I'm new too FE boat'n was hooked like a fish . But now i come too relize never by a boat from a car Mfg.
JPriami and a couple of others on here been following on your threads of this tupper ware container , 1st one blew up and caught on fire sent it all back , 2 nd one seized the motor sent back , mail strike got new esc and 4 pole now . what next . now scared too use . lmao

dag-nabit
07-12-2011, 02:47 PM

From what I have been hearing some of their recent land based vehicle offerings are not up to par with what people have come to expect from Traxxas.

Question is, is this a general degradation of quality in the interest of maximizing profit, or is consumer demand for bigger, more powerful, faster, pushing these rc's beyond their capabilities????

Kevin