PDA

View Full Version : Wife says i need rehab- i am addicted to my boats

rctoyznhobby
07-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Miss geico, king of shaves p1, stilleto, miss elam, motley crew, blackjack 26, nec boss, thats my boat list my rc cars & truck list is much much longer plus my love of building trailers for each one

if anyone has a name of a rehab for rc addicts ......lol

HYDROJERRY
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Nicw collection,, tell the wife it could be real drugs!!!! better being rc's.. at least you can resel them..

ron1950
07-10-2011, 03:42 PM
you build nice pvc stands for them also

LarrysDrifter
07-10-2011, 04:09 PM
I just recieved my new Insane 34 and told the wife its a $70 DF knock off. I'm up to 9 boats, some of which are bare hulls still. Also have 5 land vehicles that never get used except for the Savage HP that sees snow duty in the winter.

jamie
07-11-2011, 02:44 AM
I build race motors here in Australia and have recently got into RC boats ... put it this way, lol the money i spent on my new fe30 hydro wouldnt buy a decent set of racing conrods for a chev. its cheap so go for it :smile:

electric
07-11-2011, 09:30 AM
I build race motors here in Australia and have recently got into RC boats ... put it this way, lol the money i spent on my new fe30 hydro wouldnt buy a decent set of racing conrods for a chev. its cheap so go for it :smile:

I second that, in the world of hobbies and bad habits, this is a cheap thing do be doing. Compared to REAL boats and cars this is a relativeley cheap way to entertain youself. Heck, even compared to a new set of golf clubs, green fees it's a bargain..

Pwb201
07-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Wife has no idea how serious this is lol she thinks I already had all the boats (5) and that's fine with me. Except for the 54" MHz mystic that came one day when I was at work and she had to sign for it.

rctoyznhobby
07-12-2011, 10:38 PM
thats my next buy the mystic but i just cut a deal on here with another forum writer he isshipping me an rc car to add to my collection wow shes going to call that show for hoarders and that intervention show and get me on there to clean out my basement and try to get me from shooting up my credit cards bills for rc boat and land stuff the credit card comp. has raised my limit 4times in 2months to ok my buying at the stores my master card and visa payments are over 450.00 amonth each on 4 CARDS so hey i have a blackjackim trying to sell to show her i can let go on one boat ....lol

drwayne
07-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Wife says i need rehab- i am addicted to my boats

I almost suggested you should get yourself a new wife :smile:

But now I admit admiration to your addiction, I recommend you send her out to the kerb to help pay the ccards !

W

W

LarrysDrifter
07-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Yep, plenty of sporting men looking for sporting women. That's a LOT of cc debt. Don't let that get anymore out of hand than what you have.

rctoyznhobby
07-13-2011, 03:16 PM
i got it covered retired and still havea full income sitting on my butt at home and 44 years young

millzee
07-13-2011, 07:40 PM
I watched a movie last night that may help with your spending demons, "The Rite". If not, when she discovers it and goes off, you'll now how to deal with her, lol.:lol:

rctoyznhobby
07-13-2011, 09:07 PM
nice thing about it is she doesn't complain about it nor fights with me about she just says u need help. I look at her and say yep i need help spending more money i can only carry so much out of the hobby shop at one time in 2 arms i make 5 to 7 trips to the hobby shop aday not counting my online buys when sitting here and nothing good on tv to wach so i kick on youtube and watch boats the buy one. she tells the kids its a fad/faze that im going through and it will fade well 11 years later and still doing the faze i keep telling her to watch out one day that faze may turn into a 25 year old blonde that likes rc boats ......lol

dana
07-13-2011, 09:09 PM
she just says i need help i look at her and say yep i need help spending more money i can only carry so much out of the hobby shop at one time in 2 arms

lmao:rofl:

Doug B
07-30-2011, 08:56 AM
A couple years ago I had a girlfriend that started having issues with my racing 1/10th scale off road stuff.. it wasn't disruptive or digging in to bill money, she was mostly jealous of the time I spent racing, and wanted to argue and fight after sunday racedays.. needless to say I kicked her to the curb.. it was a shame, she had some great qualities, but if its not cars its boats, or planes, or mountain biikes, real motorcycles.. I'm always going to have a hobby of some type.. I think my entire RC collection including pit equipment is around 3k worth of gear.. a damn sight cheaper than my last motorcycle project, or real car project, and less than I wouldve spent on beers and a pool cue if I had been going out drinking for the last 2 years.

For me, having something to work on, modify, fabricate parts for, and race are a necessity in life, it keeps me sane.. Im thankful we have an affordable option in the miniatures that doesn't involve serious risk to life and limb, or make it necc. to have a 2 car garage to store everything in.

If you have a significant other that chuckles and makes jokes about your hobby without getting all passive aggressive about it, I'd say she's a keeper :) I keep saying that Im not dating again till I find a girl that can rebuild my shocks, and ball diff in between rounds.. I guess if she could sharpen a prop that might be ok too.

tlandauer
07-30-2011, 01:49 PM
I order every thing more of less in the same color or similar shades of color, trust me, when the number of your collection reachs certain point, she no longer can tell what is what , you will be in the safe zone from then on!!!:rofl:

ejimbo4
07-30-2011, 03:33 PM
My wife loves that I am into RC! She says I act like a little kid and I have been into RC trucks for 3 years now and just when she thought I was getting settled in and enjoying my trucks I started watching videos of boats and had to have one!!! Just got my Impulse 31 in the mail and my wife says....."here we go again!!!!" She loves it but don't want to play with them herself....says she likes to just watch me have fun! She is looking into getting a kayak of her own here soon after she seen the one I got for boat recovery and fishing!!!

midnightsabotage
08-16-2011, 02:46 AM
For me, having something to work on, modify, fabricate parts for, and race are a necessity in life, it keeps me sane.. Im thankful we have an affordable option in the miniatures that doesn't involve serious risk to life and limb, or make it necc. to have a 2 car garage to store everything in.

Umm, what if your RC hobby addiction DOES make it necessary to have a 2 car garage to store everything in? :rofl:
Perhaps I'm worse off than I thought....
If you find that RC rehab solution, lemme know :thumbup:

tlandauer
08-16-2011, 03:03 AM
Wife asked today if she buys a real boat would i give up all my R/C toys in the house, since we don't have that kind of capital, i feel all the more that I am in the "safe zone":banana:

Turbo Dan-O
09-05-2011, 08:52 AM
I second that, in the world of hobbies and bad habits, this is a cheap thing do be doing. Compared to REAL boats and cars this is a relativeley cheap way to entertain youself. Heck, even compared to a new set of golf clubs, green fees it's a bargain..

I am in REALLY bad shape! I have 5 cars, 2 trucks, 1 boat, 1 R/C crawler, 4 R/C boats, and a set of golf clubs....

Dan-O

Namba328
09-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Or you could be as bad as me and my fathers collection. We have 6 1/8th scales, 5 sport 40s, 2 40 size aeromarine cats, 3 gas outriggers, 2 gas sports, 1 gas mono, 1 crackerbox, 5 .21 outriggers, 2 .45 outriggers, 3 .67 outriggers, 3 electric sports, 2 electric monos, and 1 electric outrigger (soon to be more electrics). So trust me, your collection isn't that bad. Also, that's what are built not whats in sticks to be built. :banana::banana::banana:

Namba328
09-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh i almost forget we also have a 1/4 scale aswell built but not finished

dana
09-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry... Is my math ok? I counted 36 boats?!?!! Lol WTF!