PDA

View Full Version : 3 blade help please.

Make-a-Wake
07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey guys, thinking of trying an x457/3 on my 51" mono. Castle 2028 10s2p, been running an x460 and an x457, is going to an x457/3 too much? I dont use three bladers at all, should the diameter be less than the two blade version that is currently being run?

Thanks!!

Boat/build: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?25743-51-quot-Mono-Castle-2028-build

dana
07-07-2011, 10:48 PM
You should be fine.

fatboyelectric
07-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I'd say give it a try with frequent checks of tempature at first. Marginal temp increases may be dealt with by unloading the prop a little (removing some of the tongue, cutting down diameter a bit, back cutting or bar cutting the trailing edge of the prop). Thats a pretty big mono so you may see a benefit from a 3 blade when accelerating and coming back up to speed out of a corner, but I dont know that it would have a better top end over a 2 blade.

Good Luck

Make-a-Wake
07-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks, I'm not sure why i'm trying it, possibly to see if there is more speed with the same diameter...............the total pitch is the same. Will it have any advantage..........will it lose bite easier..............what does it offer over an x457/2?

fatboyelectric
07-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Thanks, I'm not sure why i'm trying it, possibly to see if there is more speed with the same diameter...............the total pitch is the same. Will it have any advantage..........will it lose bite easier..............what does it offer over an x457/2?

More bite, less slip, and a bit more load on the system.

Make-a-Wake
07-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Holy cow, ran her on glass this morning at the lake right behind work. What a difference, sounds much different, not so much noise out back, just the loud scream of the motor.........sounded more "electric" if that makes any sense.

Hit my top speed ever at a blazin' 65 mph! I think its a keeper!

fatboyelectric
07-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Holy cow, ran her on glass this morning at the lake right behind work. What a difference, sounds much different, not so much noise out back, just the loud scream of the motor.........sounded more "electric" if that makes any sense.

Hit my top speed ever at a blazin' 65 mph! I think its a keeper!

Good to hear. Sounds like more bite helped out.:buttrock: