PDA

View Full Version : AL Gore's

sjslhill
02-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Everyone enjoying Al Gore's global warming? It's been below normal here for weeks and we need more CO2 :iagree: so we can run boats year round.

Chop
02-22-2008, 04:09 PM
We're all for it.

It was -15 here yesterday, right now it's 21 and it actually feels WARM!

Dr. Jet
02-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I am amazed at how many people have fallen for Algore's Man-Made global warming hoax. Has anybody researched how much $$$ he is making selling "carbon credits", and similar "green" business ventures?

Steven Vaccaro
02-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Al Gore is another political "______". You fill in the blank. Hint, It rhymes with Gore.

obrien
02-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Funny thing CO2 is a good thing unlike CO. CO2 goes up with temp not vise versa.

Rex R
02-26-2008, 02:29 AM
one thing I've noticed, 'everybody' talking about co2 being a 'greenhouse' gas etc. and yet folks seem to forget that watervapour is a much better gh gas than co2...

Dr. Jet
02-26-2008, 11:28 AM
RexR is absolutely correct. :iagree: CO2 only accounts for about 2% of the "greenhouse" gasses in our atmosphere. Of that 2%, only a fraction is "Man-made", the rest comes from "natural" sources. If you want to seriously reduce greenhouse gasses, make oceans illegal. Oh, wait a minute, there's no money in that.

mike a.
02-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I just read that only .28% of all of the greenhouse gases are man made.

carsonschaos
02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
It's all politics.
It's the big government, bad industry folks in this country.
And the, USA is evil, and need to be put in their place folks elsewhere that are the primary pushers of this myth.
There is so much science that debunks it all, that you wounder how people have gotten so hysterical.
Global temps have been all over the place since the beginning of time.
Research the history of the planet, and even the solar system.
Our sun effects everything, along with a dozen things on this planet that we will never control.
This PC stuff is going to be our demise if we don't wake up.
OK, I'm done.:zip-up:

Dr. Jet
02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I just heard something on the news that said the last year was colder than prior years. Yup, it must be due to global warming. Let's all go out and buy some carbon credits so Algore can continue to fly around in his bizjet. :bash:

egneg
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Funny thing is that this planet will still be here long after we are gone.

carsonschaos
02-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Your right.
We are here for such a short time, even life here in general is so shot, that we think of things as very stable and never changing.
We just cannot get our minds around the the fact that this planet is very violent and always changing, we just can't see it through human history.
Some changes are very violent and sudden, but are long in between.
Thinking we can change the climate on an entire planet is giving us WAY to much credit.
Especially in 50 years or so.
I think we can definitely destroy our economy in just a short time, trying to change it, without taking a hard and realistic look at things.

Dr. Jet
02-29-2008, 11:25 AM
In the last chapter of Michael Crichton's novel "Jurassic Park" there are a few paragraphs wherein he discusses how the prehistoric earth was being "poisoned" by toxic corrosive gasses, and the future of the planet was in grave peril. The primordial soup that contained primitive life forms was exhaling this poisonous, toxic gas into the atmosphere and it was endangering the survival of all living things. The whole point of his novel was that life will find a way to survive. That toxic, corrosive gas that was poisoning the planet was oxygen. Go figure.

Carson is right on point. Our view of the planet is based on our own lifespan. Do the global warming fanatics have any concept of a thousand years? How about ten thousand years? A hundred thousand? A million? In geologic terms, a million years is nothing. Planet earth has been around for 4.2 billion years. That is 42,000 million years (sorry Jehovah’s Witness folks). Continents move around and slam into each other. Mountains appear and then wash into the sea. Land masses erode to nothing and new ones appear from the ocean bottom. The planet warms and cools in cycles. Ever wonder how Greenland (currently covered in ice) got its name? Did you know that they grew wine grapes in England? How arrogant can we be to actually think we can have any “global” impact whatsoever, simply by driving an SUV and using hairspray over a miniscule 50 years?

The global warming fanatics think we can save our planet by raising taxes, or increasing the power of government in some other fashion. When has government ever been the solution to a problem? Name one thing the government has done that can be considered a success. The War on Poverty? Social Security? Welfare?

I’m a member of the Savage Nation and I vote.

carsonschaos
02-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm a Michael Savage Fan.
Neal Boortz is another favorite.
Bill Oreilly is another.
Your probably like me, follow politics like some follow the NFL.
More people should.

Dr. Jet
02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
What is an "NFL"?

;)

Dr. Jet
02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Here are some news articles that de-bunk Algore's global warming hoax:

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=332289
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/02/26/eaice126.xml
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/11/04/eaclimate104.xml
http://www.savage-productions.com/debunking_global_warming.html