PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA D12 Points Race #5 - LOCATION CHANGE!!!

don ferrette
07-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Ok boys and girls this is the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

The IMPBA District 12 Points Race #5 will be held at the Capitol R/C race site in CENTREVILLE, VIRGINIA on AUGUST 26th-28th.

Due to the ongoing runaround the ODMBA club has been getting from the City of Chesapeake a decision had to be made as to a possible alternate location and a drop dead date for that to happen (which was last Friday). I had conversations with folks from the ODMBA as well as Capitol and Delmarva and the best choice was Capitol's location in Centreville. Since many racers had already scheduled time off as ODMBA has the same weekend every year, it made the most sense to keep the same dates. This gave the advantage to the Capitol club since the hotel prices in the Delmarva eastern shore region are sky high as it's the last weekend before Labor Day, the official end of "beach season" in this area. This is exactly opposite in the Centreville/Fair Oaks/Fairfax area, the hotels are really cheap this time of year. For example the 4th points race we just had in June at the Capitol site I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for $75 a night for a double room. To say it was a nice hotel is an understatement, you darn near felt like you needed to dress up to go to the lobby. Lots of excellent restaurants in the immediate area as well so no shortage a good places to eat either. I want to send out a big THANK YOU to the Capitol R/C members for stepping up to help out. Please make every effort to attend as this is the LAST POINTS RACE OF THE SEASON and many class winners will be decided at this race. The race flyer is being finalized as I write this and will be posted tomorrow. I'm also working on trying to get the points standings tallied and posted as soon as I can get the points info from 2 clubs who've already had their races. I look forward to seeing everyone at the Capitol pond in August.
:rockon2:

egneg
07-05-2011, 08:10 PM
As I can't afford to travel for the sake of racing boats I will look forward to next year and hopefully a local venue. Good luck guys on the final race.

Chilli
07-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Sorry you can't make the trip Chuck. I was hoping a couple of you guys from Tidewater could make it up. Hopefully this pond situation will get squared away and you'll be back in business next year!!

don ferrette
07-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Race flyer is now attached to original post. Carl Cisneros from the Capitol club has requested that the entry form get filled out properly and completely. He had to make alot of phone calls last race due to people not paying attention filling out their entries.
:doh::doh::doh:

Chilli
07-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Guys, William (ww29) has offered to man the grill Saturday at lunch time. This will prevent those of us who do not bring lunch from having to leave the race site.

Thanks for stepping up William!!! We really appreciate it. :thumbup1:

HOTWATER
07-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Looks like the hotel rates are going to be around the same prices as the Capitol race (race #4)...looks good to me...

Besides Chuck...are any of the VA Beach ODMBA guys gonna show up?? C'mon guys...it's the last D.12 points race...put that IMPBA card to use.....:thumbup1:

carlcisneros
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Dick and Carol are comming I know.

HOTWATER
07-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Kinda figured that...:laugh: I meant the ODMBA club members...

Hey Carl, i'm sending you a PM....Thanks

-Kent

carlcisneros
07-07-2011, 01:09 AM
got it.
JAmes Beasley I am sure will be coming also.

hopefully this time we are going to try and have someone to cook for lunch.

The twin is back together and the cat is hitting the water finally this saturday. allI have left to do is program the new 17S HV 200A ESC and it will
be good to go.

Chilli
07-07-2011, 07:30 AM

See post #5 above

carlcisneros
07-07-2011, 11:55 AM
cool

dont forget the foam saturday Mike.

bring the camera if you can.

Chilli
07-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Remind me tomorrow. :laugh:

I've been doing a ATX computer power supply to a 12V conversion for the battery charger. I'm just waiting for a few small parts.

Easy, cheap.........very cool!!

egneg
07-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Remind me tomorrow. :laugh:

I've been doing a ATX computer power supply to a 12V conversion for the battery charger. I'm just waiting for a few small parts.

Easy, cheap.........very cool!!

I have been using a PC power supply for a couple of years and made one for Danny as well. You can get any parts you may need at any Radio Shack to get it ready to supply your charger. Email me if you need any questions answered.

Chuck

Chilli
07-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks Chuck. The Radio Shacks up here aint what they used to be. I couldn't find the correct resistor or the binding post I needed. I have a 10W 10 ohm resister on order. Other than that she's pretty much ready to go. She does work without a resister as long as I have both fans on but voltage is just a tad under 12. I'm hoping to increase the voltage another 1/2 volt with the adddional load on the 5 volt side. At least thats what I read should happen.

Update. Recieved and installed my resister today. She cranks up without the second fan now but I plan on using it anyway. I only picked up a little voltage. She comes in at about 12.05 V. Now I just have to wait for new binding posts. The first ones I recieved were minis on the back side and I couldnt get the three stacked ring terminals to fit. Now I have a nice compact 25 amp power supply for less than $10. :thumbup:

HOTWATER
07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
got it.
JAmes Beasley I am sure will be coming also.

The twin is back together and the cat is hitting the water finally this saturday. allI have left to do is program the new 17S HV 200A ESC and it will
be good to go.

Hope you have good luck with the rehabbed twin Carl. I never really got to see it run...only out of the corner of my eye as I was running in that heat. Can't wait to see the Fighter cat run! She's a beauty!! :wink:

carlcisneros
07-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Planning on having Burgers/Dogs and Chips for lunch at the race for at least Saturday.

Bring your own drinks. (like everyone doesn't do that anyways. LOL)

hope the weather holds for Tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Chilli
07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
It's going to rain all night. Should end by tomorrow but ground will be saturated.

carlcisneros
07-08-2011, 09:54 PM
oh, kay-rap....................

well, there goes tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!