PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 antenna length questions

siberianhusky
07-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Is the antenna tuned to the RX like in the old systems.
I know the actual antenna part of a Spectrum RX is the end 31mm. I believe the rest is just coax feeder.
What I'm wondering is if it's possible to replace the short antenna of the sr3300t with a longer antenna off something like a cheap HK 2.4 rx?
I like the telemetry for testing but would like the antenna up out of the boat.
Once everything is set up then switch back to the MR rx's.
Last Saturday was the first time I'd ever used the telemetry in a boat, the temp readings were really interesting.

norbique
07-04-2011, 12:08 PM
you can use any other 2.4gig antenna if the plug fits your needs.
What telemetry are you using?

siberianhusky
07-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Would be a solder job right to the receiver board no plug.
It's the built in telemetry in the spektrum radio, I've used it in my buggy before but never in a boat, the receiver has a 3" long antenna vs. the long dual switching antenna in the MR receivers.
For boat use I'd like a longer antenna. Was cool getting real time temperature info. Didn't bother with the rpm.

norbique
07-04-2011, 02:24 PM
is that the DX3S?
What data can you monitor with the telemetry?

siberianhusky
07-04-2011, 04:52 PM
rpm, temp and laptime, like I said really more for a car but thought I'd try it in a boat. It's the SR3300T rx, the stock one that the 2s and 3s comes with.
The MR series is designed for marine use,

runzwithsizorz
02-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Is the antenna tuned to the RX like in the old systems.
I know the actual antenna part of a Spectrum RX is the end 31mm. I believe the rest is just coax feeder.
What I'm wondering is if it's possible to replace the short antenna of the sr3300t with a longer antenna off something like a cheap HK 2.4 rx?
I like the telemetry for testing but would like the antenna up out of the boat.
Once everything is set up then switch back to the MR rx's.
Last Saturday was the first time I'd ever used the telemetry in a boat, the temp readings were really interesting.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9350100/anchors_9350100/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9350100

http://losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOS_SPMSR3300T_ant_length_notice.pdf

siberianhusky
02-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Cool, but since discovered the MR receivers operate on a different protocol that works better over water, SR rx stays in the old car that never really gets used.
Have since bought an eagletree that does more and does it better.

runzwithsizorz
02-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Cool, but since discovered the MR receivers operate on a different protocol that works better over water, SR rx stays in the old car that never really gets used.
Have since bought an eagletree that does more and does it better.

I also use the MR receiver, and will one day purchase the eagletree, "system", when my money tree blooms. I was unaware it was live telemetry?