PDA

View Full Version : Death wobble

slow-at-rc
07-03-2011, 11:22 AM
I just put in a 2000kv Leopard and a seakink 180 and the boat hauls but the tail just wiggles and it chine walks vary bad any help would be great

NativePaul
07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Are you talking about the AQ Motley Crew cat? It's pretty unusual for a cat to chine walk, I've never seen it myself and have always seen it as a mono trait. My first step would be to check is the ride surfaces with a straight edge to make sure there is no hook or rocker pulling each side down in turn freeing up the other.

slow-at-rc
07-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I got it a lil better by moving the batteries forward a bit but still a handful. And yes it is a mc I also blueprinted the hull and checked it when I was done with a straight edge and it was flat. What do you think the cf should be?

Barbossa
07-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I also notice the boat is ‘twitchy’ when driving varying the speeds (like when maneuvering around the dock) making it tricky to steer. I am thinking it is due to the standard AQ 6 pole motor being very strong and notchy and causing drag from the prop. The prop is acting like a brake, and making it veer to the side. When cursing mine runs predictably and relatively straight.

jjenkins
07-05-2011, 10:38 AM
I got a MC, Stock it is great, not extremely fast, but handles Fantastic!

Do you have a video of yours running? Would love to see one faster than what this hull wants:rockon2:

Just ordered an upgraded flex shaft from OSE (just in case) and also a m445 prop. ESC and motor will be next after I squeeze everything out of the stock stuff.:olleyes:

v-spec
07-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Mine runs perfect in the mid to upper 50's it's on rails. If I ever get time off work I'll get a video up.