PDA

View Full Version : Modifiying the EKOS

RivRat34
06-30-2011, 01:47 AM
I need some help and ideas , I did noticed that the stock battery location does make it steering bad, because of it being the heaviest part of most electronics inside. So, should I move the motor/mount back somehow, and shorten the shaft/housing for props? If so, whats best way having them sticking in? EXPOY? Fiberglass resien? should I strip everything out and lay in some more fiberglass or carbon fiber? after reading most of the mods others have done... not quiet understanding what they did, math wise on making Center Of Gravity without messing with the weight distrubiton like someone left stock motor mounts location and put batteries forward inside hulls. that seems to be putting more weight up front and having to raise the prop degrees to lift front up??? or does he drive with front pushing water a lot loss of speed?

NitroVal
07-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Depends on your battery size. If you are running 2S, or even 3S, I would leave the CG where it is. If you are going to be adding more weight, it is easier to shift the batteries back. But I would advise against that also due to the nature of these hulls to easily blow over. You should definitely get some CF or another layer of fiberglass on the tunnel. Its a weak point in these hulls.